Cenote by Turner Return Tops! - Available Tonight 09/15 - 8pm ET!

Cenote_Feature
Turner Return Tops debuts its first release at YoYoExpert with the Cenote!

Slightly undersized, slim but not too narrow, and very fun! The organic outer shape is super comfortable to hold but the gap is everything you could want in a modern unresponsive yoyo.

Two colors available: Sugar Sand (Micro Arc Oxidation) aka ‘Moon Rock White’ and SOS Artist editions also know as “Secrets of the Seas”.

Micro-Arc-Oxidation-Sugar-Sand-Cenote Blue-SOS-Shark-Cenote-2 Blue-SOS-Shark-Cenote-3

The SOS colorway is a limited artist series featuring five different designs. Each engraving is an original art piece drawn by local artist and friend of Turner Return Tops, Vanessa Harper. The “Secrets of the Seas” word art is engraved on the other side of each piece.

Super limited - there are only 6 pieces of each design in the total production run.

Each return top comes in a hand stamped and numbered box that includes:
-a Zipline Executive Class Lite string
-TRT sticker,
-TRT Series #2 POG,
-and TRT button pin!

18 Likes

man, i like the specs and rad artwork but just too many yoyos releasing… doh!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Love the art! Secrets side reminds me of this classic:

7 Likes

Dammit the artwork looks so cool but oof hella expensive.

There was an error of the price actually - All of them will be $74.99 rather than $90! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No way you deleted my comment :skull:

I’m sorry I posted that offensive picture of a LITA canvas which this yoyo was said to be designed after months ago but now no mention.

1 Like
2 Likes

WOW! I love the artwork for this! I personally tried a prototype of this yoyo at a local meetup and all I can say is that it absolutely ROCKS. One of the best slimlines I’ve ever tried imo :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

genuine question, what’s the appeal of slimline yo-yos? it seems like you’re paying more for less yoyo. i don’t mean it to be rude, just wondering

2 Likes

For 1A it’s a challenge, and some people like that. It’s also a nostalgia thing and an EDC thing.

7 Likes

They make you better at Yoyo. You have to be more precise and play technically cleaner with slimlines. They’re also fun like the extra challenge is fun and tricks feel satisfying to get through.

6 Likes

i think once you get over the age of 40 or so you just start liking them? that’s what i have gathered from my time on here

1 Like

I’m over 40 and I don’t have any particular love for slimlines. In fact, I don’t really get the fascination for them either. I mean, I understand on an intellectual level why they have their fans, but I just don’t relate to it personally. Even though I am older, I have no sentimental attachment to yoyos of the past, like those from the late 1990s and early 2000s, when under-40mm-wide yoyos were the norm. I also don’t walk around with a yoyo in my pocket, so “EDC” isn’t a thing for me. And when it comes to the challenge they present, well, I find 1A challenging enough as it is, I don’t care much for yoyoing on Hard Mode.

2 Likes

This looks like an actual great slimline organic design. I can’t recall seeing better.

7 Likes

There are tricks that benefit from narrowness just like there are tricks that benefit from width.

4 Likes

What everyone else has said it’s nostalgia, it’s an added challenge, it’s easier to cram in a pocket, and generally more comfortable. I like slim and small yo-yos myself but it’s not for everyone.

You do gain accuracy using a smaller thinner yoyo over time.

Also this yoyo looks really cool. My yoyo budget is spent but man do I wish I had the funds.

5 Likes

I love the form factor, but not a fan of the artwork. For reference , I’m under 40 (but above 30 :sob:). I have a TRT Isthmus, beach-sand color, and it’s simplicity and elegance is what makes it such a beautiful work of art — that, and it’s a stellar throw!

I picked up the sugar-sand white Cenote just 30 seconds after launch. No surprise that folks swarmed over the exclusive blue pieces, but IMO, the biggest “secret of the sea” is why they named it Cenote instead of Seanote. :shushing_face: Can’t wait to get mine and put a black string on it. :metal:

3 Likes

For me, they have a feel like no other. Especially when they are rim weighted well. Great for tight tech, too.

2 Likes

They fit in jeans pockets way better, theyre also good for training up your consistency.

5 Likes