Can you read/write in cursive?

Can read and write it easily. It was taught to me all througout k-5. Nobody wants you to use it now though is the wierd thing, only your signature really, haha. I can write faster in cursive than in print witch is wierd to me.

Also the SAT cursive thing is interesting to me. The one I took here in NC didn’t have a must use cursive section.

I can sorta write it but reading it is impossible for me.

I write cursive better than I write print

:smiley:

that’s about it for me. Computers are faster.

Pretty much

Never have never will

Yeah sure but i am in my 30’s and had to use it all the way through school.

Yep learned in third grade

I always write in it. I find it much faster, and my other grade 8 classmates find it like a secret code. Morons.

I know. Most people in my freshman class can’t read it.

I was shocked at the question. I always thought it was a given. That means I am officially old. :frowning:

4 Likes

In my book it means you are officially smart.

I can read cursive easily, but writing it never clicked with me. I tried learning it but my brain couldn’t take it. Oh well

1 Like

I know how to read and write cursive. It was one of the things I looked forward to when going into 3rd grade.

I can read cursive. As for writing it, I can, but it is pretty much illegible.

In Norway, this is actually how kids learn to write (not sure if this system is still around). I stopped writing in cursive a long time ago though, as some people had trouble reading it. Now I’m also in the situation where everything I write apart from sheet music is written on a computer.

Cursive is much faster if you know how to write in it though, it’s a shame that so many people can’t read it.

I don’t even know how to respond to this. ???

As JonasK said. I can probably write three times as fast in cursive as with print. Though i have to write in print when i know that someone is going to read what i’ve written, since my writing is so ugly.

I write everything school in cursive. And have since 2-3rd grade…

does only being able to write your name in cursive count because your handwriting is that not that legible?