Can someone please bring me up to speed? Also yoyo recommendation?

I don’t like the direction this thread is going. These are just toys. Enjoy them for what they are and don’t get so caught up in the extra stuff around it.

8 Likes

You created this thread asking to be brought up to speed and to get recommendations. Many here have done so. If you wish to make your choices based on some sort of principal; then do so. But please do not waste our time asking for opinions; just to create a vehicle for making some sort of political statement.

10 Likes

You really can’t go wrong now days, pick a size, shape, color, company or any combo of those and go for it. I base purchases off two factors, does it look cool and can I afford it, the first one being much more important.

5 Likes

Yes I created the thread to be brought up to speed and get recommendations. Knowing what I like and dont like is helpful for that. If you read the thread this is just the direction the thread went in naturally. A non american machined throw was recommended and I said I would prefer an american machined throw. There is no political intent here. i have no issues with china I just prefer american made yoyos. Please dont make a thing out of this.

1 Like

this part is just you projecting your own insecurities onto me. I even went out of my way to say that I was sure the china made throws were “more perfect”. To insinuate i had some alter agenda is toxic. there is nothing wrong with me wanting to support local business.

2 Likes

Part of the reason your getting so much push back is the America vs china debate gets heated and nasty and has broke into very unpleasant conversations on this forum in the last few years.

I hope everyone is trying to turn over a new leaf and be a bit better about their responses in the new year so we can avoid such negative banter.

Understood you preferences are American made. There really are very few US made products in general and even then the materials are all still sourced overseas at this point. Also the design may have been worked on by multiple people in this globalized niche hobby. It’s very unlikely your going to get a product 100% USA manufactured in todays market.

Your only real options if that’s how you feel is go with a US based wood turner and e joy some 0A stalls on some Ed Davidson or wildwoods yo-yos or find something one drop you might like.

5 Likes

The only thing I ever had against China made yoyos were those ugly batch number engravings yoyofactory would put on the made in China versions…

Since when does A-RT not use one drop? I’ve only heard of one run (gerik) that wasn’t done by one drop.

All their latest releases are one drop made. And they’re one of the sickest organic companies, if not the sickest in my opinion.

1 Like

Umm, A-rt bro!

2 Likes

Thumbs down for that one boss , cmon

1 Like

The people in this thread claiming A-RT switched to China recently are 100% wrong. It’s true that they made the garik - which they provided reasoning that this was for a player in Russia they sponsored to get the price point down for him to re-sell over there. The only other throws they machined in China was the holy grail & some older side projects (DK, 69, unnamed, and sucction). The holy grail being titanium is understandable. Everything else (besides their woods) are made in USA by OD, not just their older designs. So we are talking about 2 out of dozens of recent drops all made by OD. People saying otherwise are misinformed. A-RT literally just dropped yokels and a new 420 both machined by OD as their two most recent releases. There are people who are so committed on tunnel visioning hate towards OD that it’s honestly just sad.

5 Likes

Watching this thread feeling the anticipation build up waiting for it to blow up. Sprinkle a little USA vs China manufacturing, a dash of One Drop to bring out the One Drop haters and a pinch of A-RT to bring out the moral police.

4 Likes

Or hear me out. We don’t. It’s a wild idea I know but so much easier to just not start the year so negative. Some of y’all seem to feed off drama and chaos. Let’s just throw a yoyo and have fun instead.

10 Likes