Can anyone tell me how one gets sponseored?

First step is: Spell the word Sponsored correctly!

1 Like

Made me think of this. This was so long ago. Jeez.
2:15

Iā€™ve spent a couple of months now working on a huge, multi-part article for YoYoNews on yoyo sponsorships, with input from all the manufacturers and a lot of sponsored players.

Thought it might be of interest to a few people. :wink: Expect the first installment sometime next month.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool! Look forward to reading it.

You just have to win worlds or nationals ITS THAT EASY
jk

i agree dont ask company to sponcer you let them come to you and if possible become friends with someone who is sponserd by the company you would like to be sponcerd by because they might put in a good word for you

I couldnā€™t understand a single thought in this post.

2 Likes

fixed, kinda :wink:
so, if im friends with gentry,or jhon ando or something they will tell yoyofactory that im a great player? i think thats what hes saying,

Get good. Win contestsā€¦ Make cool videosā€¦ Donā€™t make threads like theseā€¦

1 Like

Lol. I watched that like ten times

yup thats what im saying sorry it was so bad i typed it up fast i fixed it now though

I would have said the same thing had you not. I was moving my mouse to say reply when I read yours. :smiley:

Jensen Kimmitt really knows how to annoy Charles. :smiley:

Just keep going to contests and try to get yourself noticed. If you go to worlds, or nats, and your someone has a booth, help them set up or ask a few questions about their company (or both). You will be surprised how much more noticed you can get by being a helpful person at contests and such. I am known as the kid in the blue onedrop shirt who won the kendama challenge at the Z games. Not the biggest face in new england, but for me, its a start :). Anyway, just keep trying and keep enjoying the sport and before you know it you will be sponsored! ;D