Cake’s String Reviews

I had a better idea: clear out the older reviews I never posted. I only found one, and its from January-February, i cant believe i never posted this. also, @PlokopZakop3 here’s your HKMT review

HKMT Arata || B+ (87/100)

Honestly, this string never stopped feeling good. For polyester, it was a bit stretchier or bouncier than normal while also having a surprisingly loose wind that i noticed when i was stringing it up. The thickness felt GREAT, and slacks were very open and moderately fast. I never really noticed the weight of it, so maybe its in some sort of middle ground? Regardless, there was nothing extreme on that part, and nothing extreme for whips too. It was right in the sweet spot, where its reasonably whippy but not too whippy. Everything was perfectly balanced during and after the break-in. It kind of felt like going the speed limit exactly. Never speeding, but always staying on pace.
To continue with the car comparison, it started to slow down both metaphorically and slightly physically with whips and slacks near the 45 minute mark. This change was so minimal, though, that it barely matters, I think the only reason I found it was because I was actively looking for changes. My only issues with it are the roughish feel later on, as well as the tension holding which could 100% be better. It was awkward feeling out how much tension the string had, but if you can excuse that, this string is wonderful. Amazing poly string with a bit of a unique feel to it. I’m reminded of my Vines Phat review where i said that it was basic “good string”. This is probably basic “great string”. I hope I can use this as a reference for what a great polyester string can bring to the table. Stats below!

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (4)
Personal Thickness Feel (5)
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5) different feel but amazing
Slack Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (3.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5)
Total: 43.5 x 2 = 87, 87 = B+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<

11 Likes