Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Sickness is leaving, so we’re back! And oh man are we back, I’m so happy to review the first A-tier string! Enjoy!

YoYoStringLab Nytro || A- (92/100)

](

I have no idea where to start with this. Strings with nylon normally last forever and whip super fast, and both of those sentiments are true. I barely made a dent in it after the hour. It’s a bit slippy on the 4.5 gap so i put it on my 4.2 Dopamine and my Orca and it plays close to perfect. Whips were too fast at first, so you definitely have to tune it in. Slacks were the best i’ve ever used, and actually got better by the hour, miraculously. Softness and consistency are both the ideal, I doubt improvement can be made. String stayed as soft and as consistent as it was when i broke it in. The only issue i saw was the tension hold, which was surprisingly bad, so I’m assuming it was a dud string for my own sanity. That’s the ONLY reason this is an A- and not an A or A+. It is expensive at $7.50 for two plus a keychain, but it definitely plays like it’s price. If you have one or two yo-yos you always use, this is a worthy investment so you don’t have to keep changing strings out. I can’t recommend this string enough. Below are the stats.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (4.5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4.5)
Whip Feel Break-In (4)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (5)
Total: 46 x 2 = 92, 92 = A- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

As like the last times, feedback is encouraged so I can improve, and let me know your thoughts! Thanks for reading!

15 Likes