Budget yoyos vs pricey yoyos

well in that case, clyw yoyos cost a lot to manufacture I assume?

The key word is “production” not “manufacturing.”

Let’s not worry about justifying prices. They are what they are for good reasons.

i know they are very good yoyos don’t get me wrong. I plan on buying one soon. Just not now

It has actually been discussed a couple of times in this forum, some with company owners chime in to explain things up, and what I said above was basically a generalized answer. If you’re interested, you can use the search feature. Here is one http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,72852.0.html

Another interesting info, in another thread, I read Chris (owner of CLYW) mentioning that about last year his company was in “the red”.
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,87149.msg975075.html#msg975075

“Good reasons” are purely speculative my friend.

just in case you have a proper working bearing you don`t win anything, performance related, when spending more than 40 $

after that you pay for Materials, Finish, manufaction lacation, exclusivity, preferred weight distribution and Design

many people say it is just a waste of money to buy a 250$ titanium, but have you ever heard the bright metal sound, the thin walls of an titanium YoYo, emit ? just superb.

know yourself if you want to have it or not. just don`t expect miracles. Pros are also just flesh and blood and yoyos are two hubs,bearing and an axle

i completely understand. Like someone else said, Gentry won nationals with a 16 dollar yoyo

thank you for the links!

Mogg Fanatic! Best card since Khobalds!

That is all.

What’s better is always a matter of opinion. Once someone has it set in their head, that a yo-yo plays better because it costs over $100, we may never be able to convince them otherwise. I have some high ends that I think are better than most budget models, and vice versa. If someone tells me that their high ends tend to be smoother, prettier, or have a better designs, there is nothing I can do to argue that. They are entitled to their opinion, and there is a market for those who want to spend over $100 on yo-yos, for that reason. I do not believe those people are in the majority. For the record, that Canon Shutter is one of the best blasts and smoothest players I’ve ever bought. I found a sweet spot at about $65, because I’ll take a premium splash blasted TooHOT, which plays as good or better than my throws over $100.

YoyoFactory is at the forefront of making any significant difference between high end and budget models seemingly disappear. Chopping the price of the New Genesis, Dogma, New Aviator are all steps in the right direction. But, keep the high ends coming, so I can have options. People can have their own valid opinions, it’s best to form your own no matter what others think. I think the answer for me is “sometimes they are, sometimes they’re not.”

I’d encourage people to stop looking at yo-yos as high end or budget and start looking at what the product has to offer independent of the price. But, if you find that every time you look at designs, specs, colors, or try a yo- yo and like it, that it’s always a high end yo-yo, I can believe you think high end is “better.” How can I argue with that opinion? It has not been my experience though, and my next question would be, “have you tried this or that budget model?” But, in the end they’re entitled to their opinion.

1 Like