Broken wrist

You should practice left-handed looping! That’s what I did during a wrist injury, it sucked at first but I got somewhere with it!

2 Likes

I thought of that but I was afraid I was going to whack myself in my bad wrist. I was using my left hand there for a while just with a responsive yo-yo sleepers only.

1 Like

Itll come back just fine if u do as tour doctor tells u and work on pt after tha fact. I broke mine severely and I’m at 100%

If you cant yoyo. Then u can always buy a kendama. That’s what I did

3 Likes

Thanks, in PT now and religiously doing all my exercises. My wrist looked like yours except for the bone was sticking out on the thumb side not the pinky side.

1 Like

Another 60 year old here. Last year I bought a skate board. Actually, 4 of them. Noticed that it is much easier to get going than it is to stop. All my family and friends told me NOT to get on the skateboard. In reality, it ended up being the “safe” treadmill that messed with my knee. I say enjoy yourself. You never know what is going to have a negative effect.

4 Likes

You know what, I’m thinking that those skateboards may be the reason my family does not criticize me for buying more yoyos.

3 Likes

Ran into the owner of a local skateshop the other day. He’s 50 a skates like a beast.

Age is only a number baby!

4 Likes

Ok, let me lead with this: I am SO PROUD of anyone in their sixties doing something like that!

Never broken a wrist, so no real advice. but I imagine that if you care for it and don’t push it it’ll heal just wonderfully.

5 Likes

Back to throwing the last couple of weeks after breaking my wrist a couple days after Christmas. Can’t throw for as long but still retained all my tricks. was afraid I was going to have to start all over again but I guess it’s like riding a bike once you learn all the basics you can get right back into it.

4 Likes

I hope you’re getting close to totally healed. Just throw for small periods. Did you tell your doctor about your absurd hobby? Maybe he’d advise you in a certain way so you do not take any risks.

2 Likes