BIG New Release from RSO - The BOWL XL!

From RSO: Making an oversized yo-yo has been a massive dream of mine, literally and figuratively. Sometimes the stars don’t seem to align… until now. I had intended to release a larger Bowl before a mini one last year but ran into dead-ends and roadblocks on the journey.

The BIG problem was sourcing 7068 aluminum bars that could be anodized with great color-pop and consistency. Material costs and freight are experiencing hyperinflation and prices for these commodities have increased since I started dreaming about “GOING BIG!”. Not to mention the massive size of the bars needed to make such a large diameter yoyo. BUT, fast forward to early 2021 and due to the limited yet sufficient availability of quality oversized 7068 aluminum bars combined with the immense popularity of the Bowl series, I decided that it’s time; time to revive the Bowl XL project so you can see why I’ve been obsessing over this BIG dream.

Make no mistake, the BOWL XL is a gigantic yo-yo. The goal of the BOWL XL was to pack the usual floaty play-feel of the Bowl series into a Godzilla-meets-Mothra-sized package. It is one of the most enormous yo-yos ever made, but it can move just as well as it’s smaller counterparts. Weighing in at only 1g heavier than the original Bowl 7068, but 10mm bigger, the Bowl XL retains the comfortable organic shape of the Bowl series with a smooth flowy feel in play that won’t break your wrist.

Releasing Tuesday 6/15 @ 8PM EDT.

8 Likes

This thing is so good, and a steal at $90 for a yo-yo of this size!

6 Likes

Just to avoid any confusion - They are $115. B-grades are $90, which is an awesome deal if you don’t mind a little ano flaw.

9 Likes

Garrett,
How many B grades are available?
THANKS!!!

3 Likes

The Bowl XL is soooooo good…you need this Bowl!

I may need a second one…

3 Likes

Don’t sleep on the xl it’s the goat of big bois imo

3 Likes

A purchase of this, along with a TP shot glass or iYoyo tequila, gives you a toy/tableware set.

8 Likes

Do you know the stock numbers?

1 Like

We have about 40 total, 15 b-grades.

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Super disappointed that the classy artwork I saw on IG didn’t make it to YYE.

2 Likes

The Box artwork? It’s there. On the lid of the box. It’s just a little suggestive and not the most family friendly, so not something I chose to showcase in photos.

4 Likes

Haha, yeah. Just didn’t see it in the photos on here. I’m not easily offended but it even struck me as a “for real?” thing.

2 Likes

I think it might be an ode to Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back”

3 Likes

Or Nicki Minaj’s Anaconda song :joy:

2 Likes

Stuck in my head now… Thanks!

3 Likes

don’t want none. Unless you’ve got…

0abd4d38151350b6658632fc3f9e1d4e55557bd4_2_450x450

it might be twerking?

7 Likes

My first RSO… I’m pretty excited about it. Maroon B grade.

3 Likes

That’s funny.:joy::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t like ‘big’ yoyos very much.

I don’t care for large diameter yoyos at all.

I don’t ever sit around wishing for amazing big yoyo designs.

Now……… I don’t have to.

I tried a Bowl XL.

And I LOVE IT!

It doesn’t play big.

It doesn’t ‘weigh’ big.

It doesn’t roll off the string like a loaf a bread.

It doesn’t play ‘slow’.

I’m pretty sure I will never completely warm up to ‘Big’ yoyos in general.

But this RSO is certainly an exception.

A most Excellent yoyo!

8 Likes