Best grinding throw

The Wrath is indeed awesome for grinds! The Minute beats it, though. I have both and can say that without blinking.

Nothing will beat the kuyrostar hands down don’t even say otherwise haha

-Dylan

I find both HOT models do very well, but I have never tried a Werrd Minute or many of the other throws listed, so my vote shouldn’t count for much.

Sorry for ze double post.

Monkey finger evil yo. I can easily get a 10 sec finger grind on it and it is a great yoyo

Video or it didn’t happen :wink:

Agreed.

When it comes to grinds, nobody has a clear sense of time. 10 seconds is a LOOOOOooooooong finger grind. What I’ve thought of as “epic” finger grinds for myself topped out at 5 seconds, max. Definitely other people out there can do longer than me. But 10 seconds? When each passing millisecond kills the spin that much more?

Video!

General yo KLR

Oh yeah the 2nd runs for sure!

You are right. 10 was a bit of an exaggeration I have got it once or twice, a normal finger grind is 6-7 seconds. The shutter is amazing for thumb grinds, it is made for those it has a perfectly made IGR.

Hey, THAT’s not a video! :wink:

1 Like

There’s a few that have stuck out.

1. Irony JP is just awesome hands down.
  2. KLR is like wat
  3. evil yo is just unreal. Honestly.

Errrr, Grind King by 3yo3?
The yoyo is literally made out of a material for grinding.

Monster from Yoyofactory. You want a finger grind for 9-10 seconds with a bind. Go ahead!

This

Thanks for that video, doompod.

So there’s Landon, hucking a TEFLON yoyo pretty hard, having EXCELLENT balance, and getting a grind that’s around ~8 seconds.

On a metal yoyo with MFD Buff or some other treatment (or wearing gloves)… throwing even harder than Landon but having the same excellent balance… I have to give you 7 seconds as an outside possibility. Anybody claiming to do even close to that on a straight-up normal yoyo on bare flesh, I suggest you video it because a second is longer than you think… and your grind is probably “only” 4-5 seconds (which is a GREAT finger grind, so there’s no shame… just use the real number!).

^^^
I actually gave this a try over the weekend. My best finger grind, with the Lesula, was just a hair over six seconds. It really felt a lot longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like