Best Competition Oriented Yo-Yos around 45-60$

This seems to be an extremely competitive price point now.

What are your top picks for comp oriented designs for this price range or very close to it?

(And no, just because someone could use some weird 63x 57 35 gram yo-yo design to complete doesn’t make it a comp or performance based design)

My picks:

Shutter Wide Angle
Recognition
Cadence ES
ND
Blade
Sync

6 Likes

I have a shutter wide angle and it is good. Mine vibes quite a bit but it’s still good

2 Likes

The Frshly Dirty Moldy Bread is their most competition friendly design and it’s a lot of fun too.

1 Like

2Sick Serenity that’s gonna drop real soon here👌

2 Likes

I would throw the Sugar Glider in there!! It is speedy, nimble and very stable! I have been using it to compete for the last every months!

2 Likes

Does anyone actually use it to compete with?

1 Like

I wouldn’t go with a D bearing yoyo for modern comp.

The ES is awesome and my personal favorite of the group you mentioned, but objectively I think the Wangle is the best for competition out of what you mentioned.

1 Like

I am taking your advice on this one and getting one.

2 Likes

There are some excellent bimetals in that range as well - Marco, Leopard EX, Raiser 2.0.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not super familiar with what everyone uses so I thought I’d make a thread. And there’s definitely even more great stuff in this range if you ignore the competition focus.

Also as much as i think the Raiser is a great yo-yo for its price, it doesn’t necessarily strike me as a comp yoyo based on its feel in play. Not quite as easy for speed play and definitely requires a little more effort for direction changes.

2 Likes

Keep your eyes on this too:

Also sounds like Hunter Feuerstein is getting a signature and wants to keep it cheap.

2 Likes

Shutter, shuter wa, cadence, cadence es. Currently there were many options of budget competition level yos! :+1: