Best camcorder for yoyo videos under 500 dollers?

(J△NW△LF W△LF) #1

Could someone tell a camcorder that takes professional quality yoyo videos for nothing more than around 500 dollers?

There are so many. Any pannesonic, Canon, heck even vivitar sells some good ones. Look for HD camcorders and see what you come up with.

Here’s a couple of options I found with what you are looking for:

Sony HDR-CX260V-Shoots 1920x1080 Full HD 60p Recording, 8.9 megapixel images, 3 in. touch screen display, has 16 gb flash memory, and a 30x optical zoom ($448).
A test video:

Sony HDRXR260V-8.9 megapixel still image, 30X Optical, 55X Extended Zoom, Shoots 1920x1080 Full HD 60p Recording, 8.9 megapixel images, 3 in. touch screen display, 160 GB hard drive ($499).
A test video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_kf0Bc7_4E

Although, with your budget, you can buy more than just a camcorder.

Nikon D3100-DSLR, 14.2-megapixel, Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with full-time autofocus and sound, and you have the ability to switch out the lense ($549)
A test video:

Or, you could get an awesome point-and-shoot.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V-18.2 megapixel, full 1080/60p video, 20 times optical zoom, and…it’s one heck of a camera ($368).
A test video:

There is a lot out there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

(J△NW△LF W△LF) #4

Thanks ,I might go with a canon.

(M.DeV1) #5

I just use my Nikon L120 and even though its 720p everything is surprisingly crisp and clear.

what about one that uses more than 60FPS so we can do some nice slow motion stuff. I hear the HD Hero2 is nice and does 120 FPS and cost around 250$

(M.DeV1) #7

I have an HDHERO2 (for my skiing and longboarding) and yes its a great cam, but hte thing is its an action cam. There’s no screen, no zoom, no major features a standard camcorder would have. It’s very basic to keep it compact and durable. Hardcore action camera, yes. Good yoyo camera, no.

(WildCat23) #8

Ooh, I like the fourth one ronster mentioned. looks good.

I seen a spy gear camera in sunglasses the other day and was wondering if anyone has ever tried that while yoyoing and got a first person perspective shot. if so, does it have decent recording?