Best budget metal yoyo

Looking for some amazing budget metal yo-yos. Give me your top budget metal yo-yos and why

7 Likes

To me it’s hard as heck to beat the MagicYoYo N12 Shark’s Honor or the MagicYoYo Y01 Node. YoYoExpert doesn’t carry them sadly, but if you look around you can find them brand new for under $15 each…and depending on where you buy them, they even include some extras like a yo glove, strings and a little pouch to carry the yo in!

They play amazing for the money! Just as good as a lot of my $40+ yos! Smooth, long spinning and well balanced/stable. And they both feel nice in the hand!
And they come in some really cool colors!

If I had to choose one, I’d choose the Node…but really, for the money, you can’t go wrong with either!
You can find some reviews on them on youtube! :smiley:

10 Likes

when you mean budget do you mean $15 to $30 or $30 to $50

6 Likes

YoYoExpert still has one of these in stock!

11 Likes

as @twitch77 said the N12 Sharks Honor is such a great yoyo for the cheap price i hear the N8 is good and i’m pretty sure i remember hearing good stuff about the Avocado and if you can afford it i think you should get a Shutter if you don’t already have one it’s a super nice throw and it’s super smooth and stable and (i don’t know if this is with all Shutters) it’s really quiet which is helpful if you have people around you

4 Likes

There’s a TopYo Meta on the BST for $25, which is a great deal if you like the specs.

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/fs-yotricks-x-yyf-atlas-reduced-price-duncan-counter-punch-topyo-meta/309401?u=pmdon

5 Likes

Thanks, @pmdon!

@Karbankers I also really enjoyed the Counter Punch I’m selling. If you want cheap and powerful, that’s the way to go. I prefer the META overall, but I actually used the CP more.

In general my favorite budget throws are(in no particular order):
META, Shutter, Counter Punch, and if you can find a slight beater for cheap, the Top Deck(not actually a budget throw, but you can sometimes find a well loved one for a budget price).

If you can provide us more criteria, we can help you narrow things down for you a bit more. If you’re not really sure, all the recommendations so far are good enough you’d do fine just picking one at random.

4 Likes

I consider budget throws of less than 50$. Pretty much everything is good. My personal preference would be a MYY stealth or a YYF shutter WA. In my BST post I’m selling some throws that are capable of everything but they don’t get played enough:)

3 Likes

My shutter is loud as… heck? It’s very loud. It seems to amplify the bearing noise so much that even with a quiet bearing it’s loud. My Wangle is quiet though.

3 Likes

huh weird my main yoyo has a REALLY loud bearing and the yoyo being plastic helps out as well so when i started using the Shutter it seemed super quiet

4 Likes

I would consider under or around $50 to be budget as well. If that is the case, man there is some fantastic yoyos. And when you consider what you can get on the BST for under that is also amazing.

6 Likes

Yoyos = neither quiet or noisy.

It’s almost always the bearing.

6 Likes

that’s true

3 Likes

I also like the Node as well as my Carpfin.

3 Likes

I heard this one was pretty good :slight_smile:

12 Likes

As far as budget, i would say Selinus. Its great for the price.

5 Likes

MVP 3 gets my vote for best playing budget throw!

2 Likes

I have a handful of yoyos from the $35-55 price tier at YYE, and of those that aren’t sold out, I’d have to say that they all pretty much play equally well and are of the same high quality (Shutter, ND, Joyride, Ko’Edge).

3 Likes

You can often get some throws that are not on perfect condition but still smooth at very good prices

2 Likes

Yessir, matter of fact, that’s how I prefer them. I like when they’ve been loved a little bit. I have trouble really playing with them when they are perfect. I am always afraid to mess them up. So when they have a few dings in them already I don’t worry as much and save money.

4 Likes