Best Bearing for a CLYW?

I want a string centering bearing with long spin times. Money is no option. The Center Trac is obviously stock which is why it is on my list. I want an absolutely amazing bearing for an amazing yoyo.

No offense to YYF, because I love their products, but I feel that the Center Trac does not fit the play of CLYW. I would recommend either a Terrapin X Wing Cut Ceramic, or even the non-ceramic version. Seriously nice bearings. My Chief is just lovely with a Wing Cut. Heck, all my yoyos are nice with that bearing.

1 Like

Thanks! Any more opinions?

I’ve tried KKs, flats and Centre Tracs in my Arctic Circle and the CTs work best for me. Having said that, I prefer CTs in almost every yoyo I own. There’s really no ‘best’ bearing, just what you feel comfortable with.

Yuki

They will all give you long spin times. Will you be able to throw in a way and play in a manner that allows for long spin times?

A centered string on a bad throw is, well, a bad throw where the string is centered on the bearing.

The only CLYW’s I have that are stock with a Centertrac is the Comeback Ava, the latest Gnarwal and I know my Puffin and Cliff have them. I’m not sure about my GE. I do know my Chief and AC DO NOT have these bearings in them.

1 Like

I would get a regular old KK no need for ceramic… I have two ceramics (one in my Ava and one in my AC) the rest are steel KK’s… I think they play the same…

Twisted trifecta blows center track away. Waiting on a wing cut to try that out. Trifecta is smooth and spins much longer and quiter

Well, Center tracs are too vibey without lube. KK’s are good (non-ceramic).

I say get the non ceramic kk because it’s cheaper and there’s no real upside to the ceramic version…

No one’s mentioned the Crucial grooved bearing yet. I would seriously take a look at that one, I have one in my Majesty currently and I am LOVING it.

True, but what about the 10 ball?!! They happen to be legendary you know. In fact, I change my answer. Screw the kk, get a 10 ball!

[quote=“Noonar,post:10,topic:46764”]

[quote=“SR1,post:9,topic:46764”]
No one’s mentioned the Crucial grooved bearing yet. I would seriously take a look at that one, I have one in my Majesty currently and I am LOVING it.

True, but what about the 10 ball?!! They happen to be legendary you know. In fact, I change my answer. Screw the kk, get a 10 ball!

Trifecta is AMAZING. Have one in my Glacier Express and it’s perfection. I also love the Crucial Grooved bearing. Have one in one of my Chiefs. One of those two if say. If you want the extra smoothness of the 10ball get the Trifecta. If you don’t care get the Crucial. Love 'em both.

I put the trifecta in a campfire and binds are super slippy. Same as the center trac, not as slippy but slips. 10 ball or any flat bearing will do for that throw. Not so sure why.