Ben's Alphabetacular Yoyo Review: The Magic Yoyo M-04 Stealth

Nothing like reviewing a yoyo that’s 6 years old.

I’ve always been suspicious of Magicyoyo, even when I got this one for free as a gift from my grandmother. However, this yoyo was only 60 dollars. For a bimetal? Vaguely suspicious seeing as how some monometals are 1.5x more expensive. Still, for me it was a free yoyo so it’s hard not to appreciate it anyways.

That being said, this yoyo is actually pretty dang good. Amazing? No. But not bad in the slightest. Power is decent. Using the Valkyrie as a metric I would say it has around 1/2 the power of the aforementioned yoyo that beats other yoyos up for lunch money. Stability is nice but the thin steel rims don’t really make it too much more stable than a monometal. Speed is not lacking in the slightest, which makes sense given how it weighs a relatively light 64-ish grams.

My main problem is the vibe. While not impossible to throw the yo without generating vibe, any throw with bad form will have immediate feedback, sometimes to a degree that would make my hand feel naseous if it was capable of that. You can smooth it back out a bit by applying your fingernail to it but you can’t completely silence it.

All in all, however, you’re getting a lot of yoyo for 60 bucks if you can find one. There are better yoyos out there for sure, but if you want a bimetal experience without the price this is perfectly valid. Also the aluminum is 7075 and feels quite luxurious on the finger with the matte colorways.

Ben’s Alphabetacular rating: B (for big deal). If the vibe wasn’t there this would seriously be a high A-tier, maybe light S for me.