Been making strings lately!

Lol I made 11 strings tonight. Got a buddy in Wales that likes Lifeline Strings so I’m planning on sending him some so he doesn’t have to use bulk strings while Lifeline is closed, I don’t know if Cody is gonna come back and start making strings again or not but I figure I can share the love a bit in the meantime. Bought some S-hooks and between that and the Dremel I’m getting really fast at this, and it’s such a huge sense of accomplishment! Tbh I think there’s literally nothing better than throwing a yoyo with a string yoyo made myself. Although I haven’t ever designed a yoyo… I mean, I assume that would be even more satisfying… Hmm. That’s a thought. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t buy strings anymore lol. I’ll just spend an afternoon in the shop and have enough strings to last a month! I’ve been using maxilock stretch thread, and I absolutely love how it feels! I don’t see myself going back to poly thread any time soon!

2 Likes

Have you tried a blend? I use nylon and poly together and it’s perfect, super soft and bouncy but still whippy. I find pure nylon is a little too whippy and springy. It’s nice, I just prefer a blend.

1 Like

I’ll usually throw in 1 or 2 wraps of poly. Both for aesthetics, but also to reign in the stretchiness a little. The maxilock nylon isn’t super stretchy, like wooly nylon. I’ve actually been having a very hard time with the wooly nylon being tops stretchy. Even with poly mixed in

1 Like