Basecamp collab from SF & CLYW - The PARIAH!

The next in line of the 2019 Basecamp yo-yo releases is a collaboration between CLYW and SF - The Pariah!

The Pariah is a bi-metal mashup of the CLYW Akita and the SF Cadence, brought to life by Mark Mangarin and Keiran Cooper. It has a modern competition geared performance with a comfortable feel in the hand and a smooth feel on the string. Just think of Mark and Keiran’s play styles, mash them together, add 5, and that’s exactly the feel you get with the Pariah.

What better way to show what the yo-yos are capable of than by merging them together in real life. Be sure to watch the video below to see what they’re talking about.

Releasing Friday 9/6 @ 8PM EDT.

9 Likes

Dat pink!

2 Likes

Salmon Fade!

2 Likes

lovin that rose gold

2 Likes

Hmmm…

5 Likes

They both play pretty different.

Pariah is more stable and less quick. Motive is a speed machine.

6 Likes

These look really different though

2 Likes

Motive
Diameter:55 mm
Width:45.85 mm
Gap Width:4.65 mm
Weight: 64.45 grams

Vs

Pariah
Diameter: 55.45 mm
Width: 45.55 mm
Gap Width: 4.50 mm
Weight: 64.65 grams

Both inner SS rings of similar size. I’m sure they play slightly differently but i don’t know if it’s that significant.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it significant either, I definitely can feel the difference though.

3 Likes

They are very very different. Here is my review of them on both. Pariah is faster by some margin and has more flow and momentum (feels like an inner ring bimetal Cadence ES) Motive is more absolute, stable and powerful (feels like an inner ring bimetal Bliss or Bliss CS)

5 Likes

And this is why it’s hard to go off other people’s yo-yo reviews. Not trying to pick on you guys at all, just highlighting how subjective opinions on yo-yos can be.

11 Likes

Haha, Very interesting.

7 Likes

Wow that’s interesting! At least we both agree they play different? Haha

7 Likes

This is a super clean design. Very nice.

1 Like

Looking at them I think I’d prefer the pariah, but I only like one of the colorways. Black isn’t as visible as I prefer, and rose gold is by far my least favorite colorway. The fade is nice, but I’m certain it will sell out fast.

I may just sit both these out. What I really want is a darn akita, I hope CLYW gets around to dropping more soon. Has anybody compared the pariah to the akita? I’d like to know how close the two are.

I havent used the cadence or akita before but i dont really see how the pariah is a mashup of them. I just seems like a bimetal cadence. Its shape bears no resemblance to the akita

2 Likes

To me it just looks like the cup of the Akita crossed with the profile of the Cadence with just a few tweaks to both.
image <Pariah image <Akita
image <Pariah image <Cadence

9 Likes