Balisong

Fine, your a sinner too :smiley:

1 Like

Back on topic, how can I get one, I was told you can get fined for receiving one in the mail. Mr. Lawyer Man is this true?

It’s illegal to have one shipped to you. A reputable company won’t do it, and if they do, you’re both guilty of a criminal act. It’s possible you won’t get caught, but if you do, you could be fined and they would confiscate the knife. It’s really not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Yeah it isn’t, is it legal to buy just the blade?

Technically, it’s legal to get all the parts shipped separately to your home. After that you could assemble it yourself as a novelty or collectible. As long as the blade is shipped separate from the rest, you should be fine. Also, keep an eye out for any hunting or gun and knife shows in your area. There are always knife dealers at those shows that are selling either the knives or the parts for them.

Excuse my negligence, but this is just Q being curious.

You said that it is illegal to have one shipped to you. What about domestically moving them across state lines?

You can carry them across state lines for personal use, but not for sale. Transporting across state lines for sale is prohibited by the Federal Switchblade Act. There are certain exceptions, like military dealers.

I have friends who buy from Arizona.

And as to the Knife show, my parents wouldn’t let me, this is all hush hush.

I just use a LEGAL Bali-Yo pen which is like the same thing but in pen form ;D

It’s not the same, there should be a risk to it. Like a double sided blade.

Bali-yo pen doesn’t have proper weight…I think. I dunno, I’ve never tried one.

But, thanks to ShaunC, that was very informative. I’m gonna go hunt down knife dealers now…

Mark, you have a car, if you manage to find one text me and see if I have cash and buy me one. I will pay you back.

Last I knew, court rulings were that balisongs didn’t fall under the Federal Switchblade Act.

federally, it’s not really clear. but if you cross into a state where it’s considered a switchblade, they can charge you. most states have a clear definition of whether a balisong is considered a switchblade or not. but the state laws vary wildly.