Bad Wolfe Co strings

Hey folks! I used have a personal account on this forum but honestly I didn’t really get on here a whole lot, but I’m hoping to fix that and spend some more time here on the forum chatting with you all. I spend most of my time on Instagram, @badwolfeco if you want to check out my page there. Figured I’d make a business account here on the forum since I make yoyo strings and holsters now. I recently did a big overhaul of my shop, added some new colorways and a line of 100% nylon strings so I figured now is a good time to post some pics and share with you all! Hope you like these!
My normal strings are a poly/nylon blend, while the new “Slicc” line are 100% nylon. Both blends come in Slimm, Goldilocks and Dummy Thicc sizes. Right now these are all the colorways I offer, with all the mixed colorways being the poly/nylon blend and the solid colors are the Slicc pure nylon.
If you’ve bought a Warbird or Warhawk from Circle City Yoyos, you’ve tried my string with that, since I’ve been lucky enough to supply the strings for Circle City releases ever since the Warbird launched last year. I’m always happy to have feedback on my strings, so hit me up if you have questions or comments, colorway recommendations, if if you just want to chat.

15 Likes

For some reason the original post cut off right between the polt/nylon blends and the pure nylon. So that worked out well lol. Here’s the pure nylon strings. At the end you can see a comparison between the Slimm, Goldilocks and Dummy Thicc sizes.

10 Likes

Playing these almost exclusively right now to make sure I have a good feel for them before I review. They’re legit. Poly/nylon blends on the Phidias and Death Adder, and Slicc on the P40. Both feel and play great. Really loving the Slicc for tricks like superflow, as the string really slides along your fingers nicely. Haven’t noticed the loop particularly wanting to come off my finger, which was a concern I had.

8 Likes

I would like to try some, however I`m not sure about the thickness, how do they compare to Kitty Fat/Zipline Performance thick?

2 Likes

The goldilocks (regs) are a bit thinner than ZipLine Performance thick. Closer to the Performance regs (maybe in between the two?). He does sell a thicker blend, which I have been meaning to try out. I know what variety packs are in the works for folks who wanna sample different thicknesses, right @BadWolfeCo?

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Roy!

3 Likes

Yes sir! Been planning to get variety packs up, just haven’t taken the time yet as life’s been pretty hectic recently. I’ll put those up soon :+1:t2:

There’s a pretty big difference between the Goldilocks and Dummy Thicc. Goldilocks, as Roy said, is my regular thickness, and Dummy Thicc is about 50% thicker. Here’s a pic of the different thicknesses: Slimm, Goldilocks and Dummy Thicc.

7 Likes

NP. Here’s a comparison so you can see for yourself. The goldilocks (bottom) is actually pretty close to ZipLine Performance thick (top).

8 Likes

Thanks again Roy for taking the time, I think that might be thickness that I would like.

1 Like

You are welcome. Happy to take a moment to help. Hope you enjoy them!

3 Likes

During the month of October, I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram to support Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Basically I’m giving away a half-swap purple and pink Circle City Yoyos Muse, and a bunch of goodies. As part of that, I’m giving away free strings so people can use it to enter the giveaway, so if you’d like a free purple string hit me up and I’d be happy to ship one to you.

I don’t want to break any rules by promoting it too much here or posting too many details, so hit me up if you’re interested. It’s USA only, unfortunately, because shipping international is just so dang expensive.

9 Likes

I ordered some Goldilocks a couple of days ago, will let you know as soon as they arrive.

2 Likes

Ah, I was wondering who found me from the Netherlands! Thanks for the support! I’m pretty sure that’s the furthest my strings have ever gone around the world. I’m pretty slammed on orders right now so it might take a little while to get them shipped, but you’ll get an email with tracking info when I get it sent out.

5 Likes

that yellow white/ and blue green blend are SEXY

4 Likes

Thanks! They’re my most popular strings by far, I think because there aren’t a lot of similar colorways out there. That colorway is called Whirlwind, if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Happy to support! Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested in a look at the Sliccs, I just published my review of those tonight:

7 Likes

Thanks for the review! I appreciate the kind words, and I also really appreciate the honesty where it was warranted. I’m looking for some brighter nylon colors, unfortunately I’ve had bad luck so far but I have a couple ideas so I might still be able to make some brighter colors happen. My normal brand of thread doesn’t have a lot of bright neon colors in nylon but I know of some other brands that might have something better, and I’m also thinking about trying to dye my own strings so we’ll see how that goes. At the very least I might end up with some fun prototypes to share lol

5 Likes

nice vid Roy, subbed btw

3 Likes

Thanks, bud!

2 Likes