Axle Removal

I can’t do it. It just unscrews out of my plier… :’(

Try putting a rubber band around the axle. :slight_smile:

Oh. FacePalm
I’ll try

1. Find two nuts that screw on tightly on the axle.
  2. Screw the 1st nut about halfway through the axle. (Use pliers or something similar for the screwing so that you can grip the nut well)
  3. Screw the 2nd nut until it reaches the 1st one, then make sure to really tighten it on top of the 1st nut.
  4. Grip both nuts together at the same time, and move them as if you’re trying to screw them off. If you did the previous steps correctly it should start getting removed from the yoyo hub when you screw it apart.
  5. To remove the nuts you now have, just grip onto the nut on top and screw it loose, and get them off one at a time.
1 Like

?
I don’t get it… overtightning?

I’ve heard this technique before on this forum. You attach the axle to a drill. Hold on to the yoyo, and let the drill unscrew the axle for you. I think yo_shi mentioned this before. Make sure that the thing is spinning the right way.

Make sure you that you have adult supervision.

Well, if your axle is already broken. Then just get a vice plier, clip on it, and pull it. It should come off.

Nope. Nothing’s working… I have to try the drill method, and Samad, I don’t get yours…

You need to nuts that will screw onto the yoyo axle. These are nuts:

Once you have them, do all the steps:
1) Find two nuts that screw on tightly on the axle.
2) Screw the 1st nut about halfway through the axle. (Use pliers or something similar for the screwing so that you can grip the nut well)
3) Screw the 2nd nut until it reaches the 1st one, then make sure to really tighten it on top of the 1st nut.
4) Grip both nuts together at the same time, and move them as if you’re trying to screw them off. If you did the previous steps correctly it should start getting removed from the yoyo hub when you screw it apart.
5) To remove the nuts you now have, just grip onto the nut on top and screw it loose, and get them off one at a time.

Erm… let me try to interpret this. You take the nuts, and screw the axle into one of them halfway. Then you screw the other half until it meets you axle. … this is what I don’t get… You unscrew it? And you won’t overtighten will you? And you rip the nuts out of the yoyo right? But wouldn’t you only rip out one side?

Still nope.

Have you tried the drill yet?

Samad I think is saying you put the first one on about halfway, put the second one on until it hits the first, and tighten them both against each other so that they are pretty tight. Then get your pliers and grab both nuts and unscrew the axle by untwisting the nuts counter-clockwise. Then to get the nuts off, just unscrew one of them, and then when that’s off get the other one.

This is BY FAR the only method that should be used, save using the allen key (if it’s in backwards) Anyother way strips the axle