Auldey L4 Review

NOTE: I HAVE VERY LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS: THIS IS A DRAFT

Well, it seems that time passes ever more quickly. It turns out that I’m stuck in China for at least 2 years, so I might as well make the most of it. One of the first things I did in China was buying a yo-yo. This time, I decided to go with the L4.

The L4 is an awesome yo-yo, with a shape resembling a Superstar. The yo-yo itself has raised lips and grooves along the curve of the yo-yo. It has an “H”-shape. The yo-yo itself feels great in your hands, and smooth in the throw. The yo-yo feels and plays great. Like all Auldeys that I’ve played so far, the L4 has crappy binds. The yo-yo is fairly light, and it has a very long sleep time. I can do about 10 gyro flops with it.

Specs:
Width: 39.86mm
Diameter:54mm
Weight:65grams
Bearing: Auldey KK Size C

As you can see, the L4 has a large diameter and a fairly wide gap. The yo-yo comes stocked with hubstacks and unfortuneatly now is only sold in one colour: a two-tone mix of gold and pink. When thrown, the yo-yo blends into a dull orange colour. The L4 is an absolutely unbelievable deal, at $28 even though I think this is a $100 yo-yo.

Pros:
-Smooth
-Little/no vibe
-Hubstacks
-Good grinds
-Fast.

Cons:
-Terrible binds
-Limited choice of colour

In my opinion, a close-to-excellent yo-yo at an unbelievable price. Sadly, it’s only sold in China.

9.8/10

Sorry pal, but I thinks there is some confusion between L4s, L3s and the “Luminus”(I’m not sure I spelled it right). But the point is, I think the yoyo you’ve got is the Luminus since L4s haven’t been released to the public yet. Take a close look at the yoyo LuoYiChen was using at WYYC, yeah, it’s different from the Blazing Teens product. L4s are also much more expensive than a Luminus, probably similar to a Super G.