At long last, slimline responsive delrins!

Well, not as much as you like the DV888 apparently :crazy_face:

Anyways. Unresponsive POMs are a dime a dozen. Not interesting.

2 Likes

You don’t need to find it interesting.

Although I believe handturning a new acetal unresponsive is more interesting then making a yoyo that that had already been released seven years ago.

6 Likes

Well this topic is about responsive, so it’s off topic here. Take it elsewhere.

1 Like

To be honest, we have designed thing with inspiration from alleycat and deep state, and then with same in mind we also designed a 7075 Al STOOPID. And it came out to be stupid good

4 Likes

Post some pics of it! It’s not delrin of course but a 7075 slimline is still cool. :wink:

1 Like

Here you go @codinghorror

11 Likes

Nice so basically a 7075 Thing then? :rofl:

1 Like

Yup. but improvised one

2 Likes

I like the look of that! Think I’ll try the thing first.

1 Like

Isn’t the Sk8er unresponsive though? On the YYE store it says unresponsive, and the one on the top of my desk is unresponsive. Im guessing you can throw a slim bearing into them?

1 Like

What were the changes?

4 Likes

Bigger axle, and better response pads(this may not be considered as improvement but makes the binds better and variety of people have a different taste) and slightly higher rim weight to make it spin longer than the Thing.

3 Likes

A different size? That was my biggest “complaint” (if you could call it that) with the Thing. 19mm pads don’t work that great for a responsive, need more area, especially with Delrin, IMO.

4 Likes

We plan to make new version of those in delrin again with changes and response area is the place where we think we need to put more efforts tbh

4 Likes

Not at all. Feels super light.

3 Likes

Would agree, I wouldn’t say the Thing was heavy at all. Has a great weight to it.

1 Like

There’s only one standard 19mm silicone pad size though, I guess you could use the onedrop / clyw silicone sticker pad standard instead which is a bit larger?

1 Like

It’s 19.1mm and 1.1mm thick

2 Likes

Here’s a slimline POM I turned tonight.

19 Likes

:point_up:Y’all can’t have this one though. It’s mine!
Thanks Glen!

7 Likes