Arctic Circle Second Expedition!

found it. He appears to be using a raw throw, maybe a prototype

Please pm me that too…

#puffin2

Whilst this is all just speculation I spoke to Palli earlier this year and he mentioned that they were considering potentially redesigning the puffin ever-so-slightly because the current design was difficult to machine and they were getting too many b-grades. So this might indeed be the slight re-tweaked version.

Again, all speculation.

That’s what I was thinking b/c from what I’ve seen he LOVES the Puffin so I don’t see a drastic change. It’s kind of funny how he planned on designing a sig but tries the puffin at worlds and loved it as much as he did and decided he wanted it as his sig.

Me and Chris did the new one together though :slight_smile:
The changes ended up being more drastic than I expected but in a good way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same.

Just something new for the folks.

HOW IS THIS POINTLESS. The Summit is for more slow flowy players who don’t do much horizontal and this is more for people who do fast tech and horizontal. The only thing they share is shape.

I wonder what the idea is behind BvM2/Gnarwhal 2/AC2 instead of just releasing them with brand new model names. The Gnarwhal 2 actually looks like a legitimate rehash of the Gnarwhal with relatively small changes but the BvM2 and AC2 both feature so many changes that they are really completely different throws. Maybe labeling them as #2s will produce more sales but I feel like labeling them as something brand new would’ve been better. Brand new>sequel imo, even if it’s just the words that make them a “sequel”.

I love the Ava (would love to try a Summit eventually) and the AC is my favorite CLYW at the moment so I’m definitely curious to see how this new throw will turn out.

Because BvM and AC are signature models to the respective players? Kind of makes perfect sense to me.

This is literally the most perfect response I’ve seen in a while. :slight_smile:

Many players have had more than one signature throw and James Bond has had a lot more than one signature car. The AC2 changes a ton about the yoyo but retains a lot of the original characteristics as well. The BvM2 is a completely different yoyo. If the fact they are signatures is the reason they are being labeled as sequels then I certainly understand but I can’t help but feel they’d sell better if they were just given new model names.

Actually, it’s CLYW. They’ll all just sell out regardless of the price or name =P

Could somebody possibly make a review of this if they have one. It sounds good according to everyone else but I want to know if I need to get one when they come out. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that no one here, with the possible exception of Palli, has tried one.

Honestly I would reverse this, switching out AC for Summit. Personally I found neither to be particularly inspiring for horizontals but I do not like the AC horizontal play.

Not even me… Chris usually makes around 6 prototypes.