Anything can be a flow toy.

Anything can be a flow toy. Its true,
I think one of the most interesting things to do is take everyday objects and note how one might be able to manipulate it.
Going shopping at a chinese supermarket, noticed that by putting an orange into a plastic bag, I could make two and spin poi with them, and the weight is super spot on for me.
At pet store, noticing some random rope dog toys, notice that you can do some fun meteor/contact stuff with it.
Spy old mop handle in some trash on the street, grab mop handle and do some staff manipulation.
At supermarket, see cereal boxes of “cracklin oat bran”, take 3 and boom, cigar boxes.
Doing tricks with key lanyard while waiting for the bus, pen spinning before class, isolating with the old hula hoop at church, grabbing 3 rocks on the path while on a hike and juggling, its everywhere. Almost anything can be taken and toyed with in some way to make it a flow object / skill toy. Makes anyone see the world in a new way, and in a fun way! Something to think about.
Props to Claudia Yvette and Leum Kerzic who have done this kinda thing in the past and inspired me to do the same. ^ ^
bark!

Haru

Great idea. I was inspired to try this with my ipod headphones. It worked alright but them I got an even better idea. I tried spinning my ipod around, from the opposite end. It didn’t work so great. The momentum took the headphone cord right out of the jack, and my ipod flew into the street and struck the windshield of a moving car, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle. It ran down a group of preschoolers who were on a field trip to the local toy store. But don’t worry, only two of them died, and I made sure that the rest of them got yo-yos.

The moral of the story is that yo-yoing is better. When your parent/teacher/police state confiscates your yo-yos, then you can try to spin other stuff. But it won’t really be as satisfying as yo-yoing, in my opinion.

2 Likes

What…did I just read xD

Most importantly, what happened to your iPod?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TIME I WASTE EVERY DAY PEN SPINNING AND MESSING WITH MY KEY CHAIN. I DO IT ABOUT AS MUCH AS I THROW SOMETIMES

Dude…caps

I’m sorry, but if that is what’s most important, I regret to inform you that you are doing it wrong.

And by “it,” I mean everything.

Dude… Lower case letters :slight_smile:

But I use my iPod to look up yoyo stuff!