Anyone Still Collecting Kuhn?

Posted this in the TK Appreciation thread too (along with my “wanted” list), but… yes, I’m still collecting TK. Although mainly just No Jives. It’s definitely gotten slower/tougher lately.

5 Likes

WOW!!! Nice.

We’re gonna need more, closer, and larger pics here @edhaponik :wink:

Also is this really true? Can anyone substantiate this claim, with a pic?

Yes “tortoise” SB-2 was the first anodized aluminum yoyo (and so the first fancy/splash ano). I sold mine years ago but the first ones (which predate the rereleases with “bc” serial numbers) were among the first SB-2 variations after the raw aluminum ones.

Lol I’ve taken tons of No Jive collection pics in the past. I’ll take a current one.

Edit: this one is pretty much current actually.

10 Likes

Is that an Aspen Mandala next to the 84’ Olympics?!

Wasn’t Perkins in about the same time frame for splash anodizing??:thinking:image image image

2 Likes

I don’t know Perkins well enough but the Tortoise Sb2 was 1992-3 and by 1995 they were doing a range of colors. I can’t imagine Perkins was that early? I was pretty sure Tortoise was the first.

@mrciurleo no it’s even cooler! That is a clean machine which was hand carved by Gus Somera and the personal No Jive of Stu Crump!

3 Likes

Man I’d love to have a laminate.

Also Tom Kuhn sure loved the crap out of laser etching, geez :wink:

Also @edhaponik sorry to be a stickler about this, but it’d be nice to have a full-resolution uploaded version of this image versus the resized one instagram serves :wink:

2 Likes

I think Perkins was late 90’s…

1 Like

Hahaha I’ll look on my hard drive. If o can’t find one it may be until I have an afternoon to empty the No Jive drawer lol!

1 Like

Sorry, I have a prurient interest in this sort of thing, I am ashamed to say.

1 Like

Alas that pic was in the dead zone when my phone died. I’ll take a new one sometime soon.

Meanwhile, here’s a 1994 Tort.
tksb2

I have so many weird old TK pics Tom and Brad sent me while I was working with them.
OCEAN%20BERG%20%26%20TK%20Yo-Yo%20booth%20
NojiveAdTom-skate-yoing
BigYo%20Tom%20Pier%2039

6 Likes

I still collect TK, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
John Narum sold this on the BST here, I had been looking for one for ages!14752341812_a194dbb86b_b

6 Likes

Few of my favorites…image image image

5 Likes

I don’t collect them like Ed does/has, but I have a nice collection, and am always on the lookout for a few that I haven’t been able to get yet.

1 Like