Anyone play a Yoyorecreation Savage?

By the way, what is the yo-yo next to the gold-rimmed one?
It looks like an old Tone, but I think there is something different about it.

1 Like

It’s the old Tone, just different shot angle

1 Like

black body with black pc rimmed savage is fire!

2 Likes

Amped to get one soon.

On a side note - I would be happy to work with YYR; free of charge to create color combinations that are compelling. Black/black and blue/pink? Sometimes I wonder if Kengo is colorblind.

Regardless of the colors - I want!

4 Likes

Yup, that is the new Tone, which doesn’t have the stepped rim.
Current:

New:

I just picked up the new Monotone in the Raw Silver - seems to have similar execution:
Current:

New:

The Tone is one of my favorite YYRs - like a floatier and more modern Inevitable.

4 Likes

He asked the one next to gold rim not the gold rim one

Apologies, I misread. I’ll edit my post.

No worries. I think you review is super valuable input for us on new tone/monotone.

Savages are in stock on YYR’s website, along with some new Tone, Upheaveal, and Anomaly colorways.

Picked up a Savage and Anomaly.

2 Likes

Thanks for thinking about me; my order is already on the way :slight_smile:

If you have not already played one - you will love the Anomally.

3 Likes

I bought a black savage.

3 Likes

I LOVE my Savage. I got one along with an Upheaval and a Tone. Every one of these is both different -but just kills it in terms of performance. I especially love the Savage and the Tone. So good.

3 Likes

How’s the upheaval feel?

1 Like

The Upheaval is kind of like a Rami with outside rings. Very light and fast. If I could only get one - that is a great choice. Personally; I am impressed by the Tone. It is the star of the bunch for me.

The Savage is awesome - but it is a wide yo-yo. I am finding that I am getting over the novelty of wide yo-yo’s.

I would imagine that the Savage would be a 5A rockstar.

4 Likes

I got to try the savage Saturday, and i really liked it but like you said, its wide, and as much as i liked it im worried if i got one the wideness would eventually get to me depsite my liking of it.

Which Tone the updated or OG?

The new Tone.

1 Like

Plays very close to the inevitable, the og tone feels floatier in a good way imo

1 Like

Yes; new Tone feels heavier and less floaty. That is what sets it apart for me. Heavy and chunky - but in a good way. Sorry if that sounds contradictory - I just really find the Tone a great, fun, YYR.

1 Like