Anyone know anything about the Bowl?

Hi there,

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Bowl to be released on this coming Friday (31 August)?

I would be interested to know.

Thanks!

By what manufacturer?

I am not exactly sure buy this is their Instagram account:

1 Like

Most of the ‘advertising’ has been through a yoyo BST Facebook page.

AFAIK, most of them were sold through pre-orders and they’ll pretty limited come Friday.

Hard to tell from the pic but the weight distribution doesn’t look all that extreme. Which makes me want to ask- why Ti?

Most of the info has been posted on a private Facebook group.

And @Rosenberg the guy making them is a big collector so I’m pretty sure he just wanted to make something unique. He used Ti because it’s a unique material with a unique feel, not necessarily for the performance advantage.

I think it’s super neat for what it is :+1:

It wasn’t made to be a competition throw, rather just a fun idea some friends toyed around with.

I hear ya, but the Aurora wasn’t a competition throw either and it still flexed it’s muscles a little. Just seems like it’s in the “Ti just cause TI” territory. Like putting lowering springs on a Land Cruiser (I’ve seen it done, unfortunately). Speaking of, I really miss my Aurora…

It started as a titanium Grail copy, then morphed slightly into it’s own thing, still heavy Grail inspiration. Very limited quantities. Started as just a group of people that were going to make a yoyo for themselves (a ti grail), then it morphed into something else, and I believe 8 extras (I think that’s what I heard) will be sold this Friday.

Makes sense, I thought it looked familiar. Still odd to me tho

Is it basically a titanium Grail or 420? Because those are often called “bowls”, and 420 is a pretty clear reference to that etc

Grail, not a 420.

Apparently, TheBowl is its own company. one of those instagram posts linked to a standalone website