Anyone have any experience selling MTG cards?

Have bought too many YoYos don’t play enough mtg now…Anybody ever buy listed some cards before or shipped over TCG player? Any cool stories or other M:tg players/ex players? Not YoYos but I bet a good many ppl in the community have played mtg before

1 Like

For sure! I started during Amonkhet. I’ve never sold cards. I should but I have a problem haha. I’ve bought though from TCG and CarkKingdom. Both have been great experiences. You can always send those cards my way :wink: it’s been so long but I love magic so. My Eldrazi tron deck is almost complete.

1 Like

Yep, buylisting to a major vendor is the easiest way to sell. There are also a number of large Facebook groups where people sell cards for ~90% of the TCGplayer low price, so you could go that route. The sad reality is that it’s usually more hassle than it’s worth to sell singles that are any less than $5 and a lot of buylists aren’t worthwhile for cards under a dollar. That said, looks like card prices are pretty high currently so if you’ve got any high ticket stuff it shouldn’t be too hard to offload.

2 Likes

Oh if you have anything ABU or anything in high demand then you’re sitting pretty right now. Some of the prices are insane. But yeah it’s pretty painful selling singles worth 25 cents to a buck, which most cards are. I remember being mad I paid 20 bucks for Ulamog, the Ceasless Hunger. Now I need one more and I’m not paying the 60 some odd dollars they are now.

1 Like

I use Cardsphere for selling MTG. Not super lucrative but pending what you have you can move them relatively easily with minimal fees. Ive had a good experience selling there.

3 Likes

I’ll check out cardsphere for the next buylist. And yeah I have a few grand in singles I’d say. Put up 100 cards on TCG player tonight and got 420.00 back before fees and stuff. Might check cardsphere for selling singles. TCG is gouging small sellers with fees at least it seems to me.. and yeah selling em for .25 doesn’t feel great but u do that for an hour while watching tv or something and you have 15-40 worth it doesn’t feel tooooo bad just a little tedious

Thanks for the responses!

Thanks I’ll have to look on there never thought of that