Anyone have a hardcoat ywet?

Got mine yesterday but I only ordered it from Tyler in September :wink:

Looks/feels/plays great though.

Actually Iā€™d been idly watching the tracking around the holiday and it never changed from pre-shipment until it was delivered. Kind of unusual. Iā€™d definitely missed having a YWET.

9 Likes

Is the finish the same as on a Walter?

1 Like

I find it to be quite a bit ā€œchalkierā€. Almost velvety. Like the oil on your fingers can kind of ā€œsmudgeā€ it (which you can then rub off). They did nice job of sanding the finish down near the gap. I played mine a lot the last day and string wear has been minimal. It really feels nice but different from Walter/Theo.

4 Likes

Looking forward to playing mine! They look almost navy! I usually wouldnt have gone for what seems to be a narrower and heavier throw but it looked so good hehe.

I have mine coming today it looks like. Mine just all of a sudden appeared in Pensacola and stayed there a few days and now itā€™s out for delivery. Weird but itā€™s here soā€¦

I still donā€™t have a tracking number :<

I got goosebumps, keep those photos, reviews and sweet hype coming :drooling_face:

Finally arrived and I only live 50 miles from where it shipped from. Fits in just fine!

12 Likes

Damnn. How does it compare to the rest of the ā€œlineupā€ also is that nickel one done by recess or static co? Always wondered how they differedā€¦

Got mine pretty sweet.

4 Likes

Is the bearing seat on these shimmed?

1 Like

Mine has been bouncing back between PA and FL, but tracking now says that it is on track to destination. I hope to get it before the new year.

1 Like

Iā€™m still in pre shipment so I guess it will arrive when it arrives

Yeah there are shims .

2 Likes

Mine just came in!

9 Likes

Sweet dude, mine too:

Scratches are because I thumb-grinded with it a bit, and man does this surface not like to get scratched. The scratches arenā€™t permanent, but they are kind of tricky to buff off.

6 Likes

Mines safely arrived, Ty Recess :+1:
Put on a hoody with zips, and threw with dazzling abandon (probably felt better than it looked :rofl:)
Wondering if the chalky velvet feel creates some sort of wear patina. Very funky.

5 Likes

If it picks up oils from your hand, maybe itā€™ll patina like the the Luftverk Ultramatte finish.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had mine for about a week or two now.

If yours is chalky, or feels like a chalk board, just take a rag, cloth, or microfiber towel and hand buff it. The coating will turn white when you rub it. After you give it a good rub down :wink: take some water and a clean side of the rag and do one more rub down. It will turn back to the matte black color.

I didnā€™t want to use any compounds or other chemicals on it since I wasnā€™t sure what the exact coating was and didnā€™t want to harm it. Nor did I know how thick the coating was and didnā€™t want to rub it off. After I ā€˜buffedā€™ the hardcoat felt more like a satin finish without the goosebump chalkboard feel.

If you scratch it, do the same thing on the spot you scratched. It should easily buff out unless itā€™s a deep scratch.

3 Likes

I got the chalky feel still on the inside cup with some love marks (I think itā€™s nail marks and worn off skinā€¦ Ewwwww) but a week+ using it has buffed down and smoothed the outer side.

Itā€™s good to know about your experiences cleaning it because itā€™s such a unique finish and unwritten about.

It really has a great feel. Feel so lucky to have one :heart: when we can go out, it will too :raised_hands:

1 Like