Any videos on removing bearing shields?

Does anyone know of any How To videos on removing bearing shields? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it. I’m trying to use a safety pin to remove the tiny ring first, but I can’t find the notch to get it to pop out.

2 Likes

This is a video about skate bearings, but it’s the same exact concept. Start at 52 seconds in

6 Likes

Sewing needles work awesome, find the side of the “c” clip with the “ / “ on it. And pick that side out with needle.

Can be frustrating at first.

2 Likes

Very useful video. I’m getting the hang of it now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Did you ever think of looking here: Useful modification & maintenance guides -- clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos

It’s a sticky, so probably easily over looked, or maybe in the wisdom of the discourse authors, you looked at it once and it was no longer stickied for you…

1 Like

In my experience, you could literally tattoo the information on someone’s face, and they still won’t find it… until they actively search for it at the precise time they need it.

In the era of the internet, with overwhelming amounts of information out there, search beats all other forms of interaction and becomes the dominant / primary method of doing things.

This is also why nobody uses Yahoo to browse a “directory” of internet sites any more. That worked for a while in 1995-1999 but not any more…

The word yahoo is a backronym for Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle or Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle

4 Likes