Any throwers in Ontario, Canada? 🍁

Hi Alex, I’m two years late answering, but I’m in Cambridge not too far from Woodstock. Are you still throwing? Andrew

1 Like

@Gaterman Ayyyyye! Hi Andrew, thanks for reaching out, I made the thread then had a baby in 2020 and forgot about it. I’m really glad you revived it!
Yes, I’m still throwing, lots. I actually live in Rockwood now, just north of Guelph, so I’m even closer to you!

1 Like

@Mark_Leithead I’m sorry I never followed up with you back in 2020. Are you still throwing? You’re up in Ottawa, yes? I’m back at UofG now as a researcher. :slight_smile:
Edit: Your research sounds really neat. I have currently been coming up with new research program ideas that tie in changes in parasite prevalence and distribution as a result climate change impacts.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m just coming back to yo-yoing after a very long time so I’m pretty new, but can’t put my yoyo down! Would love to meet up with you one day!

2 Likes

We meetup at UofT every first Saturday of the month, join the YoyoToronto fb group for updates :slight_smile: would love to see fresh faces, we get a solid group of likr 10 peeps showing up every time.

4 Likes

@Gaterman, that sounds great. We could meet at a park in Guelph at some point soonish. I have a pretty extensive collection of unresponsives and now wooden fixies, so I’d be happy to bring some throws that you would like to try. I knew another guy named James that was living in Guelph, we haven’t met in person yet, I’ll have to see if he is still throwing.
My work is pretty crazy right now but we’ll be in touch.

@DapperWooona Thanks for the invite! Ya, I’d love to join the Toronto Crew at some point. It’s still a bit of a trek for me to get downtown though, I usually take the train because I can’t stand driving in the city. I’ll try to join one day though.

3 Likes

Thanks Alex! Sounds great!

1 Like

If you make it closer to the GTA I’d be happy to carpool DT :slight_smile: DM if you’re ever interested

2 Likes

HMU if you ever venture into Sudbury, Ontario :smile: though I can’t see why anyone would “willingly ” come to Sudbury :joy:

3 Likes