Any tekken players?

With tekken 8 coming out this month… who’s down to slap sticks with me? I’ll be getting it on Steam since i… don’t have a ps5 yet.

And since we are here… let’s talk tekken. I got into it way back on the ps1 with tekken 3. Been a die hard Law player this whole time. I dabble with Ling Xiaoyu and Lee.

I haven’t played toooo much tekken 7 online. But i’m SO down to dust off the ps4 and and beat you guys down.

85% of my tekken time has gone into Tag 2. Back in the arcade days and still to this day, i host tekken nights at my house where a bunch of my homies come over and do 2v2 battles. Tag 2 is hands down, without question, my favorite fighting game of all time.

3 Likes

I don’t play Tekken, I only play Monster Hunter :shield::t_rex::dagger:

Dang it! It seems no one plays tekken these days. Everytime i start talking viggy games with people i always ask ifbthey play tekken and the answer is always no. Lol outside of my friend circle anyways.

Monster hunter is the best! Which one you playing? I think I had the most fun with 4U though which is kinda crazy when I think about it….

1 Like

I’m 26 been playing games since I was 3 and played with a lot of people. And I’ve never heard anyone ever give a crap or even talk about tekken. I could never dig it’s art style everyone that played fighting games it’s always street fighter or mortal Kombat or soul caliber. I’m def an MK guy personally

I currently hunt on the MH RISE SUNBRAKE, on the Switch :wink:

I’ve been playing Tekken3 again, lately!

Always been a die hard Yoshimitsu and Brian Fury player.
Hwoarang sometimes, too!

Guess I oughtta think about a next gen console if there’s new Tekken on the horizon.

1 Like

Never got too into Tekken, but 8 is looking good. Been playing street fighter games for a decade or so!

1 Like

I’ve played Yoshi/Kuni since Tekken 1! Not competitive anymore (I did comps in the days of T3/4/Tag, but now I just have fun playing my kids). I’ve always loved the wacky unpredictability of Yoshimitsu. Very stoked for 8 this month!

1 Like

Aahh man! So so jelly! I lost my copy of tekken 3 and been on the hunt for another one. My ps1 still works and i’ve got 1 and 2 though

1 Like

My PS1 and copy of Tekken3 are long gone, too :sweat_smile:

I’ve been playing on a little Miyoo Mini Plus!

I know!!! It makes me so sad. I’m ok at soul calibler, since maxi has nunchakus, i had to play that game. But i never liked street fighter or mortal kombat. Tekken and smash melee for me. Dead or alive 4 is sick too, played that a ton a well.

Oh dude! I have the rg 353v and have tekken 3 on it, but for the life of me can not setup the controls right. Square and triangle are flipped with x and circle. Even hooked up a ps4 controller to it and the buttons are always flipped. Really annoying. Ps1 emulation is a godsend though.

That sounds frustrating! Miyoo Mini Plus was an easy setup, I installed OnionOS, dropped my roms, and went to town!

I’ve cleared several games on it already and carry it with me almost daily.

Almost the same success with the PowKiddy RGB30. I’m still just running the stock JelOS with no real issues. Only problem was the unit I received had a busted trigger. They’re sending me a replacement motherboard though, so that’s great. And I’ve managed to solder the trigger back on whilr I wait, albeit far from pretty it has been holding!

1 Like

Ah heck yeah! I may need to switch to jelOS or something else. I’m running arkOS now and love everything about it minus the flipped buttons. I got used to it for all the other games but for tekken… i can’t have flipped buttons. Lol

On the Tekken note. Tekken 8 demo is free right now on steam! Only 4 characters but holy moly this game looks incredible. I’m gettin’ down on it right now. 2 player mode is on the demo as well!!

1 Like