Any Spaceship owner testimonials?

Feedback on the Ti Spaceship yoyo?

Thoughts?

Thanks

I got one. The most remarkable thing about it is the sound - it rings and sings the entire time you play. Shape is VERY similar to the 420 but just under the size of the Grail. Very comfortable in the hand. Floaty, nimble and light. Somewhat understable - pushes off plane easier than some. Beautiful classy engravings.

Most notable to me is the sound. Has this otherworldly oscillating song as it plays. It’s thin and bowlish so it is VERY resonant.

Packaging was also just incredible - machined delrin capsule that felt so smooth (threaded cap is like butter). USB with the spaceship font on it. Little case with extra pads and string. Response pads are bright green too. Nailed all the little details with packaging and aesthetic on this one.

I’m super stoked I was able to get one. One of the prizes of my collection.

4 Likes

I made a little video when I got it just so you could hear the sound…

12 Likes

I have one of the smaller prototype models and i really enjoy it. The size makes it a perfect edc. Its smooth and has a much longer spin time than i would expect. Its also comfy and is easy on the hands on those hard returns. Otherwise id echo everything said above except the packaging. I cant comment on the packaging since i didnt get it with my proto model.

1 Like

If I had any titanium yoyo, ESPECIALLY this one. I’d never listen to music while I yoyo

1 Like

I dig it but prefer the smaller proto.
Spin time is legit.
It has one of the best ting/ping sounds. Really the only reason why I’ll play with it. I can tune out, chill and use the sounds like a sort of ASMR.

4 Likes

The sound of titanium is probably the main attraction to me. This one is almost like a tibetan singing bowl. Very meditative.

2 Likes

Thanks for the video and sound. Also, nice Keywork tattoo, very impressive. You may already know this, but Will Prater from One Drop’s team has an awesome Guillotine from Good Apollo Volume 1 on his forearm. Nice to see.

1 Like

Oh rad I did not know that! Been a child of the fence for quite some time now and it’s the one band my daughter and I always catch when they come to town. Already have my tix for June show in Denver with Mastadon and as it will be my 50th and her 21st birthday within the next couple months from the show I popped for Platinum package to meet the band and get the preshow song. We normally go gold but this time I decided to splurge!

…So it sounds better than it actually plays?

“The sound is the only reason why I’ll play with it”.

Interesting🤔

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Used to live in Denver, but live in Vegas now. Also have my tickets. Didn’t go gold or platinum, hopeful that the Black Card from the Unheavenly Creatures box set will get me in with gold. Looks like it will! Have an awesome time.

1 Like

Hmm thought I was rather clear. I apologize. I never implied to how it played, only to the reasoning as to why I play with it. Hope that clears things up.

So how does it play🤓?

1 Like

I don’t know that I would like an undersized 420, personally. Although that is kind of a unique shape…

This prompted the Eljasek to design the SPACESHIP with classic influences of the yo-yo boom in the 2000s, pulling inspiration from the RecRev Bad Rep and Yoyofactory 401k.

:thinking:

1 Like

I bet a 420 profile shape at 54.5-55mm in diameter would be sweet.

2 Likes

It plays competently. The rims give it a good long spin and feels quite stable for me. Is it weird to say it hovers? Cause it feels like it hovers through the string.

I would categorize the Spaceship as a “Zone out throw”; along with the 000, and The Bowl.

3 Likes