Any organic lovers interested in the next Spinworthy Flying Lemon Prototype?

15 Likes

Why does this creep me out so bad? Ewww

6 Likes

Fear the Lemon, ye of little citrus faith.

2 Likes

Funny, in the auto-business ‘lemon’ has negative connotations.

This is highly innovative marketing by @Glenacius_K . Create hype; then tap that hype to fund development costs for a new throw.

Nice.

6 Likes

Not just hype, there’s a few v1’s out there and this little guy is a killer throw for certain! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Idk I have some citrus goodness in my hands bud

10 Likes

Also to add to the lemon

And future citrus lineup

4 Likes

To be fair, I think I kind of created the hype. Glen was very hesitant at first, it seemed to me. I had to REALLY convince him that it’s THAT good. Not that he wasn’t aware, but I think he just wasn’t sure if he had a bias, maybe?

V1 is not perfect, but it’s absolutely awesome and the potential is obvious, once you throw it. I’m telling you, NO current existing yoyo, that I’m aware of, feels this good on the rollout/bind.

3 Likes

Glen is always a bit self critical. He was very hesitant to have us even mention it and was on the verge of scrapping the whole thing but I think he is on to something and with a few tweaks it’ll be perfect.

My thought is would it be possible to have a 5mm mr85 in this sucker somehow…

1 Like

Beefcake! Haha. No but a 5 mm would be cool, i think

1 Like

Yeah maybe 2 2.5mm but idk how they would work out. Might get a bearing stuck in the well or something

1 Like

Most likely, yes. It would be a permanent change

Haha yes. Thats why I called this the Flying Lemon. I wasn’t particularly confident it might turn out right, so I figured ‘Lemon’ was appropriate.

7 Likes

I would be interested in one

1 Like

The last photo seems like a plug for Angry Orchard…

1 Like

I already said elsewhere, but I just want to re-throw my hat in the ring

1 Like

Lol. You gotta give the people what they want. Congratulations, it looks like the community has fallen in love with this one.

6 Likes

Did you do the choosing already?
I got some money burning a yoyo sized hole in my pocket.

I have not chosen yet.

I need the manufacturer to return with a quote first.

4 Likes

So I have come to the conclusion that a beefcaked version will not work. I’m currently tweaking the design to have recessed pads to remove its tendency to be tug responsive and will order shieldless, lightly lubed and more precise 4mm wide MR85s.

18 Likes