Any Old YYJ Models?

I got a DM, two original Hitman, one hitman hybrid, a Lyn Furry and a matador. I will try to post some pics later.

The yoyojams that I hung on to.
Hitman, xconvict, mini motu, big Ben, aquarius, 2x unleashed, 2 sfhgs dual siliconed by Luke Vader, 2 bolts… Used to be my favorite throws… I’m down from 5 bolts including a beautiful green and blue bootleg. Miss that thing.

I don’t want to seem like I’m spamming, but it seemed appropriate to post this link.

Anyone interested in a marble Spinfaktor HG autographed by Dale and Art check ebay:

Engraved Spin Faktor

These are the oldest Yoyojam’s in my collection.

5 Likes

You’ve got some good pieces of YYJ history, @Wayne. This makes me miss YoyoJam. Some golden oldies pictured on here, but sadly, I’m not sure how much people care about YYJ anymore. Most of the posts on this thread are from before YYJ closed their doors. It makes sense, really. The hobby has moved on and advanced beyond these older designs, but not by all that much I think. Most of my collection is still made up of YYJ models. There are only a few models left that can be bought new on places like YoyoExpert. Do those Phat Boys still have their original “partially” ceramic bearings?

2 Likes

One has been moded to use fiction pads and has had the bearing switched to a standard 8 ball, the other is stock with the original (albeit de-shielded) bearing.

I gotta say I still love yoyojam. I recently picked up a phenomizm and an xcon pro. Also have a Dm1, speeder1, speeder 2, an SFX, a lyn fury, a couple of sunset trajectories, a trigger, a fiesta, and probably a couple more that I’m forgetting

2 Likes

The 2nd wave of hybrids from yoyojam were stainless steel/plastics so they basically had(close to) bi-metal weight distributions. They were really ahead of time if you think about it. They popularized hybrids w/ steel rims before bi-metals were a common thing. They even had phenom(steel weight rings) and nightmoves(brass weight rings) which are both released before the bi-metal craze. They are the true fathers of the bi-metal/hybrid design imo and its sad to see them go

5 Likes