Any Oculus/VR Fans Here?

Got myself an Oculus Quest 2 over the holidays and have really enjoyed it!

Any of you into VR?

I had zero interest in using the device for exercising…but a friend here on the forums (@r3stless) totally pushed me into it lol. I use the app Supernatural 5 times a week and have really enjoyed the heck out of it. I also do Audio Trip, Synth Riders and Beat Saber on top of that to get a bit more movement into my life.

I use the thing for meditating as well…some very neat apps out there for doing so!

My biggest “OH WOW!” moment I’ve had was with a game called Moss. Just…wow! It took my breath away when the first level loaded! And then the entire game…it was just such a beautiful experience and I completely fell in love with the little mouse (Quill) you help out! lol omg she’s adorable!

I’ve been able to try quite a few games and apps now…My favorite is Beat Saber…can’t seem to get enough of that one…but there’s a lot of cool games on this device!

6 Likes

I’ve kind of gone all in on it…I have a better head strap ordered as well as some prescription lens inserts so I can use the thing without my glasses.

2 Likes

I got my kids one for Christmas, agreed, it’s awesome. I’m not ashamed to admit I enjoy killing it to Lady Gaga on Beat Saber.

I also watched some Netflix and YouTube on it, that was really cool. I’ll check out that thing you mentioned that gave you that huge wow moment

2 Likes

I watched some reviews on the game before purchasing…but I couldn’t quite imagine just how it’d be when actually in vr.
And it’s so stunning! I’m not smart enough to describe it haha >.<'…but it was incredible! It’s like the little mouse is right there and real…and you’re inside the levels but looking down into them…I don’t know how to word it. It’s just amazing though! Mind absolutely blown!

1 Like

The oculus is awesome !!! I have one at home and I really enjoy playing: Jurassic world aftermath, beat saber, eleven (table tennis), and the climb 2. The climb 2 is a SUPER cool game !!! It’s basically extreme rock climbing with some parkour :grin: and it has some breathtaking views all around you as your climbing. I would DEFINITELY check that game out :wink:

1 Like

I got several hours into the game…and then encountered a bug which prevents me from making any further progress. And my game is saved at a checkpoint where I can no logger avoid the bug :frowning:. The only thing I can do is start over and hope the bug doesn’t happen again…I just haven’t felt motivated to start from scratch again with it yet.

2 Likes

You have to try Audiotrip its super amazing, and one of the nicest rhythm games on quest. And hell it gets you moving.

1 Like

Completely agree with this! I don’t see this game recommended nearly as much as I think it should be!
Of all the rhythm games I’ve tried…this one makes me feel like I’m dancing the most lol. I know I look like an absolute fool, but I really like to bounce around and enjoy myself to this game!
With Beat Saber…I just stand in the spot waving my arms and moving slightly here and there to avoid the walls.

And to add ontop of thos, it has no obnoxious DLC or pay per song policy, a very active custom song community and very responsive developers which actually implent what their community is asking for.

1 Like

I have a first gen Oculus, but stopped playing it after awhile… that’s until I saw a VR park during a trip to Macau and instantly wanted to go XD

Definitely go to one if u love VR, tho I’d also recommend not to eat too much beforehand… the machines are so well programmed and everything makes you nauseous :tired_face:

6 Likes

yeah if you have not already you should give walking dead saints and sinners a try, it is awesome!

2 Likes