Another Anodizing post

THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY YOYOEXPERT SO PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTION BEFORE READING OR DOING ANYTHING I AM POSTING.

I was trying to look for some old posts and found some but they didn’t really go anywhere. I am looking for someone to take my yoyo and do some Ano work. I am also open to getting a mirror finish done and I think there was a guide up before but its gone now.

I have read about the different ways of taking the ano off. Using a drill and sandpaper but also using chemicals (easy off, oven cleaner, lightning grease). I personally rather not have sandpaper on it … because I heard you can get vibes that way … or that there is a possibility of getting a vibe. So i was thinking of going along the chemical route.

I know there is some polish you can use for the mirror polish finish. Mothers brand? not sure but I am open to all suggestions and also looking to pay well for a ANO job … I have contacted SpottedBanana and another guy but no response from anyone.

If i don’t get a response from the ANO guys, i would love to have a mirror finish and if someone can do that … (a trusted Modder).

Maybe I can do the chemical striping and the mirror finish work myself, but i read that you still have to use sandpaper. If that is the option i have left … than i rather give it to a modder.

Any suggestions or experience would help.

Thanks

Niv0

I take my upright dremle and hook the YoYo to that starting with 150 grit then work up to 600 800 then 1200 and use mothers polish and turtle wax

does that give you a mirrored finish ?

Well for my first mirror polish the sanding was mainly to get the surface clean and smooth. The polish gave it a mirror finish. And I didn’t use Mothers I just used an old metal polish and it worked fine. I think you could do the mirror polish yourself.

Polishing is simple the turtle wax is used because the one that I polished I use a lot it created a protective “shield”

In those steps, yes.

thanks! do you recommend anything for Nickel, like for my MMN ?

Nickel is usually just a thin plating. The most I would use on that would be a polish, like Mother’s or something similar. I’m not familiar with the MMN, who makes it?

Markmont. Next
One Drop

I use a jewelry polishing cloth and that removes tarnish but turns the cloth black but luckily they are cheap

Yoyospirit does some killer chem strips and polishes. Definitely contact him about it. He’s fantastic and very friendly. And I believe his prices are very fair as well.

yea like Robin said, Mark Mont Next. I really need someone to do some ano work.  I found some links to take the ano off … Easy off oven cleaner works well apparently and I will give that a shot but I also heard about Grease Lightning and even Drano.

Here are some you tube link :
WARNINGWATCH THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK , AGAIN YOYOEXPERT DOES NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS TO YOUR YOYOs

this is for oven cleaner from west coast customs

This one is kind of long, but shows both ways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMZ60Nbpe4

And this one actually uses Drano

Yup, I will actually test it on a metal that I don’t mind screwing up.  I wonder if I need to seal it or what will happen if I don’t do anything after striping the Ano … anyone know? I guess I will find out.  Maybe I can use some wax to just polish it … probably won’t be shiny … since I am beginning to understand to get a mirror finish … you have to go the sand paper route … which if I decide to do … I will send it out to someone.

OK - that’s plated. Skip the sandpaper. Only use a metal polish on it. Nevr_Dull is great stuff.