An opinion on the Berserker SS

For anyone who may be interested, the Berserker SS is everything the Berserker and the Berserker RX should have been, and more. I actually got rid of my RX due to what I considered to be inadequate spintimes. Likewise with my Krown! Both were a big disappointment to me, but the SS is right up there with all of the top, long spinning yoyos of the day, and as smooth of a spinner as you will find. For myself, the SS stands for both “stainless steel” and for “SUPER SPORT”! And a super sport it is! The best yet, to come out C3yoyodesign. This yoyo totally rocks!

I’ve been wondering about it thanks

Disappointed by the Krown?!
I can hardly believe it

My biggest problem with the Berserker SS is the anodizing on the current run. The choice of silver for the background makes the laser impossible to see and the acid-wash is just a disaster. It is a pity that they made such a fine yo-yo look so bad.

I have the purple one and I absolutely love the finish. It looks amazing to me while spinning. Takes on a nice violet color. The silver base is totally want makes it for me. I don’t have a ton of throws but the SS is easily my favorite to throw and to look at.

I will certainly agree. Mine looks great, when spinning. The silver makes it look iridescent. Standing still, however, is where I have my problems. The acid wash is splotchy and the laser-engraving is really hard to see.

I would have preferred if they used a solid color to contrast with SS rings (Pink and SS-rings; oh my!). The laser-engraving would be readable and the spin would look fantastic with better anodization layout and planning. I have never found C3Yo to have particularly compelling anodization. That may be just me though.

I certainly like my Berserker SS. While not the YYR Draupnir, I would put it somewhere between the YYF Space-Cowboy and the Draupnir. It is, however, a very different feeling yo-yo than the Draupnir. The Berserker SS has ferocious, long-lived spin, but is not particularly fast. It is more leisurely. Like a Gleipnir; but with less heft. Is is hoppy though; and carries its spin very well when compared with the Space Cowboy.

It is a great contrast to most other Bi-Metals on the market. If you are someone who buys yo-yo-s to see how new designs play; this is a must have. Its play is totally un-expectd from both the pictures and specs; but in good way:-) It is pleasure to play with.

Cheers All.

I’d pick one up if I hadn’t sworn off high dollar yoyos recently.