am i the only one who thinks like this?

Get a new brother! ;D

Well since he refuses to put on his big boy pants, take your yoyo’s and lock them in your car or leave them at a friends. Sounds like it’s more of a purposeful act on his part so he must enjoy watching your reaction. React differently. Put a deadbolt on your room.

You could always go visit someone while he’s at your place.

Smack him with one of your high ends.
Just kidding, i’d say lock em up.

Get a case like mine with a combo lock lol Or man up and give your bro a few slaps across the face.

If he’s 21 he’s a grown man, just tell him the next time he messes with your stuff you’re going to beat the everliving **** out of him. And follow through, assuming you can.

If you can’t, then find a better hiding spot. I doubt you’re being very creative but can’t give particular advice without knowing what your place of living looks like.

Failing that, buy a safe. You can get a decent safe for about $100, the price of ONE of your high end metal yoyos. Bolt it to the floor, use a good keycode, and he’s not getting in there unless he’s a professional safecracker. If it stops him from smashing them I’d say it’s worth it.

Failing that…start taking things your brother values and smashing them up.

This is probably all terrible advice so don’t do it. But it’s what I would do personally.

Oh and by the way I assumed he was like 7 from your initial post. What kind of 21-year-old acts like that? What kind of 12-year-old acts like that?

What are you scarred of him lol
Jk ;D

For me, it’s not about the yo-yos, but the disrespect. It seems to me that he is damaging your things on purpose. I don’t believe in locking things up around my own house. Instead, I would not invite him over to the house anymore. I think it is more of a respect issue than a property issue. When he is not invited over anymore, he will get the message.

In all seriousness is he disabled in any way? If so then that is a tough one because you always have to find different and kind ways to either tell him no or take them away.

Seems to me the problem is simple, lock, violence, smash something of his, or simply don’t let him over your house. Seems like you really want him to throw so bad you don’t mind him dinging your high end metals.

Either way I know you were simply asking if we would find this irritating and my answer is absolutely yes. It would NOT happen in my house…period. These “toys” are expensive and that is the end of that discussion, it is your property.

Last suggestion is, why not just give him one of the high ends he has already dinged up and let him use that every time he comes over, let it just be his.

Interesting…where do you live? :wink:

Oh no…here we go again lol ^^

Hope y’all made up since last thread ;D

Well, first off, no he’s not disabled. And I stopped trying to teach him, he asked me to teach him and after three or four times of him getting bored and swinging the throw around in circles, I just stopped because its not worth damaging my sons heirlooms. And I agree with total artist, this is my home, I shouldn’t have to lock up my own things, but he’s my brother and family is ALWAYS welcome in my home. But for the past few days I have been more vigilant and it seems to be working.

great make sure yu keep him in check…
if he wants to continue to learn then make him pay attention and focus tell him if he doesn’t try and learn
tell him to find something different to do.

Well I’m trying to get him to join the b/s/t to buy his OWN for an affordable price

or make him start with the 50 80 dollar range yos they’re just as good

First things first. You need to sit him down and have a serious talk about this. Obviously he doesn’t respect your property. To see a 21 year old act like this is pure ridiculous.

Oh and honestly, if he really doesn’t want to stop throwing your high ends, you SHOULD stop inviting him to your house. I know you’ve said that everyone in the family is welcome, but if someone is constantly causing a problem and not making up for it, why should they be welcome?

He should respect you and your property or he should get out. Simple as that.

Sounds from your description since he’s doing this out of boredom he could have adult ADHD. I do, I wasn’t diagnosed until I was like 23, it happens. Also possible he could be on the autistic spectrum. I am, and I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 26. Symptoms can be pretty mild and remain unnoticed sometimes or are mistaken for something else. It just doesn’t sound like normal behavior for adults, but I’ve met people on the autistic spectrum who do act like that. Most of us don’t, but some do. And I don’t consider it a mental disability but a developmental disability.

I could be completely wrong, and statistically probably am. It’s just something to think about.

simply put away the ones you DO NOT WANT HIM TO TOUCH, period.

he has no business trashing your throws. put a couple out that you do not mind that he toss around and if he gives your crap, toss him out…

ginny

When I first read the post I too thought you where both youngsters. I respect the adage of “family is always welcome”, yet when the so called family disrespects my house my belongings and my family that lives there I.E. wife, children, pets then it is a different ball game. At 21 he knows whats what, I would tell him once and only once because you both have grown up together and should know how the other will react. He seems to not have respect for your place in the family. Are you more successful then him? Sounds like he may harbor some resentments. No one wants to put the smack down on family but when your hard earned things are willfully and purposely ruined, then the welcome mat gets pulled out from under them.