Aluminum factory yoyo making

Sorry about double post

Thank you very much for the offer sir. PM has been sent.

This guy has a bunch of good videos on casting aluminium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7UxgfW7yqA

Very cool! What are you using for a mold? Sand casting or permanent? Really interested is seeing what you come up with! :o

Thank you all for the support. Had no idea this many people were interested in this. I will post more pictures and maybe a video next time I smelt. I am not sure which mold to use but I have been researching a lot and am grateful for all the input you guys give. :wink:

The Werrd Poo is made out of cast aluminum and plays very well, so it’s not really a new concept, but would be fun to see an end result!

I’d suggest just going in on some aluminum scrap from a machining shop if you start pumping a lot of these out given the issues with using cans (weirdo alloy, annoying coatings, huge number required to get a yoyo made, etc)

Really interested in seeing what you come up with for the mold design + material

Any ideas what to do if I do find a way to make a lot?

Sorry that I haven’t been keeping up with the chat. Our lid got destroyed and it has really set me back. I wanna keep the hype going and get some more ideas from all of you. I really feel that we can get this right

i was thinking of trying this… but i dont have the tools for it… if i did i would have made one by now… thanks for taking up the project im curios to see the results…

this has been one of those weekend projects on my to-do list for a lot of years… but never had the time for it… cool to see somebody giving it a shot.

Play with the cans for now, they’re easily accessible and cheap… when you get it down a bit better, go to any machine shop and offer to buy their scrap material, most collect it to recycle so they should have it fairly sorted already… alternatively go to any metal scrap dealer, but they may or may not know what alloys they have.

Kyle

i 100% agree with this