Alternate Response for Royale

I recently got a Royale in a trade, and it came with CBC Pads installed that stuck out much too far into the gap (I was informed of this before the trade), so I popped them out with the intention of putting in flowable silicone. I know that the Royale comes stock with flowable, so I was very surprised at how shallow the response groove is. I put in as little silicone as possible and let it cure for a full 24 hours, and even after playing with it for a couple hours, it is still fairly responsive and extremely snaggy. The silicone is perfectly flush with the gap, which I think may be the problem, but that is as little as I could imagine using for such a shallow response groove. If I would’ve put any less silicone, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have even covered the entire groove. Is there any alternative to flowable in the Royale? I was thinking something along the lines of Thin IrPads, but just wanted to hear what you guys had to say first.

Flowable silicone works on just about anything these days.

1 Like

The pre-release Royales had rather shallow recesses. I’ll see if I can find out what is recommended. I have had good results with flowable in them anyways. I have a pre-release model.

1 Like