Alex Gallimore - Year 5

Last bump

do you have any tips for slack tricks? other then string tension?

This response is so late and after the fact, and I apologize. When I get questions I do my best to answer them.

I don’t have a specific formula for figuring out slack tricks. To be completely honest the vast majority of the whips and rejections in this video were the result of A LOT of trial and error when seeing how the yoyo and string behave with each movement. The one mount/trick that always seems to consistently make opportunities to create slack are ripcords. Ripcords always give you that extra loop attached to one of your index fingers and, with good timing, can be let go allowing the sting to quickly unwind and be pinched which will creat you slack segments.

That’s probably Sounds way more complicate than it actually is, but once you figure it out it’s a fun way to experiment with flinging string all over the place xD really just comes down to experimenting with pinching and letting go of strings, and seeing what you can do with that slack segment. Hopefully you see this eventually, but if this helps even one person reading this then it’s a thumbs up from me

1 Like

No problem your timing is perfect I Haven’t been on for a cupple months so don’t feel bad glad you took time to give an answer! I haven’t looked into ripcords and I will now as it seems it can be added all over the place! XD
Thank you for your time.
Yah Bless
JO-YO