Advice n stuff

So yeah, there’s this question that I get a lot from all kinds of people “What will you study?” As a teenager who is about to be a senior at highschool I’ve found myself wondering what it is I actually want to do with my life, the pressure of moving on to college and not actually knowing what to do for the future kind of scares me, I recently started following your daily self growth ig and that made me want to ask you if you had any particular advice on how to overcome the doubtfulness I’m at with myself right now.
Thanks in advance Evan!

5 Likes

Wow, this is a profound question my friend. Personally, I’d say that if you have no idea what your purpose in life is, your main purpose in life should be to discover your purpose. I hope this makes sense. One way that I did this is that I took a seminar in which we meditated on a mountain for 3 days with no food. On that meditation ceremony, I realized the path that I wanted to take, and figured out that yoyoing and music were the avenues that I needed to pursue to bring me fulfillment.

What I think is very important is to realize that many people will have expectations of what you should do or become. Most of these expectations come from your parents. Ideally, these expectations may line up perfectly with what you know will bring you long term fulfillment, but often they actually don’t fit our blueprint for who we wish to become, and on a deeper level, who we were designed to be. I’m naturally really gifted with my creativity and hand-eye coordination. I never really excelled in school, and though there were pretty big expectations for me to enter certain fields in college and get certain types of jobs, I decided to take the path that I knew was right for me and that I had a natural gift for. This is not to say that others’ opinions of what you should be doing don’t matter. They are super important. I’d just recommend to keep in mind that at the end of the day, your destiny is controlled by your own decision, and you have the right to follow your own path to be happy.

Anyways, to answer your question about doubtfulness, that’s perfectly normal, and I had exactly the same. I suggest if you possibly can, to enroll in a meditation seminar or some sort of life visioning seminar as soon as possible because once you get a full time job, you won’t have the time for it. Many people just fall into the rat race and never get out when they had the chance.

11 Likes

Thank you so much Evan, I’ll be sure to look for a seminar asap :smiley:

If Evan wins a prize for best answer this has my vote! What great advice.

1 Like

This was such a great post Evan. I’m a firm believer in everything you have said here. Very insightful. :heart:

4 Likes

Good luck Mr Hurtado. I’m rooting for you and your future. I know whatever happens, you’ll end up on the right path.

4 Likes