Adventures in Cooking

My holiday was crazy. Between work and dinner service and then going home to make Christmas dinner was both wonderful and slightly work. Here’s some nice house made chorizo.

8 Likes

Avacado rangoon with an orange sauce and sambal sweet and sour sauce :blush:

5 Likes

Thai pizza. For a different style of pizza, this was good. Same crust recipe I posted somewhere ^^^ up.

Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce as the sauce. Mozz and cheddar. Blanched broccoli. Roast chicken breast (pre cooked), seasoned and cubed. Roasted green pepper and onion. Spray whole pizza (used a squirt bottle) with teriyaki sauce or soy sauce. Sesame seeds.

6 Likes

(Licks screen)

Buffalo sauce multi basted Cornish hens since there were no wings, as there’s a wing shortage the store said, with blue cheese.

Also saw a post somewhere about ‘Dream Cheese’. Eat 2oz. of Stilton before bed on an empty stomach, preferably. Supposed to give you weird and lucid dreams you remember! Some reported blue does the same.

4 Likes

The world needs a Cooking Yoyo program…

It could be called “Throwing Spice with insert name here

It could have wicked puns like “add One-Drop of Lemon Juice” or “Yomega me Hungry with food like this!”

I’ll gladly produce it. HMU if interested. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Inarisushi day:

Yesterday syrian bread esfiha:

Hmmmmm :yum:

5 Likes

Brussel Sprouts charred with garlic and bacon. Needed salt and tried a miso paste instead. It worked!

9 Likes

Hmmmm, interesting…
I will try that someday.

SHOWWW ME FOOOD!!!
:slight_smile:

@Grendel, where are you?? food and death pictures, please??? :kissing_heart:

@Cannon, @beherenow ???

2 Likes

Tenderloins today

And some scraps for myself soon to get a brandy peppercorn sauce

7 Likes

A pop up said I should give this thread a rest as I had posted too much. So I didn’t post again.

But here’s a recent buffalo chicken pizza we did. Scratch dough from other post. Buffalo sauce mixed with blue cheese dressing. Spinach sauteed with white truffle oil & garlic. Mozz and some gorgonzola crumbles (lighter than blue). Large diced chicken with onion cooked and tossed with buffalo sauce. Top with roasted red pepper and jalapenos and serranos. Bake. Topped with celery and more gorgonzola crumbles.

7 Likes

The celery on it isnt my thing but looks good otherwise to me! Think I would have went with celery seed on the crust because I think the flavor is important to the pizza for sure. My 2 cents but if you loved it how you made it then rock on and enjoy again in the future!

1 Like

Today was 40 lbs of pig tails being turned into stock and shredded for empanadas. Its not pretty food to look at the cooking process on but ill post the end products when i get to them sunday

3 Likes

Man that sounds dank. I always wanted to make cabeza tacos, but can’t bring myself to go through all the work lol.

2 Likes

Oh and brisket stew bubbling up

6 Likes

I made stuff that goes in a bowl on a cold wet spring day as well!

Homemade Ham and Bean Soup from scratch! Started simmering at 9am… started eating at 6pm :rofl:

5 Likes

#Back2Back

Chillin’ and Grillin’

3 Likes

3 Likes

20220427_185952

Busy week so far and i have 3 more big dinners to go

6 Likes