About apathy by empathy keiran signature model

I agree with you I think it is very cheap.
My guess was that it would be around $260 at the cheapest.

at the same time Dressel Designs also releasing ss throw which is bigger in dimensions starting at 80$ for raw version :laughing:

2 Likes

Thats what I was looking at too. $200 for SS seems iffy to me.

Wasn’t Ricochet a titanium?

Anyhow, the cost to make a steel yoyo depends a lot on the manufacturer - some are quite expensive. Some aren’t. Larger runs are cheaper, smaller ones are more expensive… etc.

5 Likes

Oh yeah my bad. I totally got that detail wrong, kinda confused of the material of Ricochet when I saw it shiny in person.
My apology everyone.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, the prices of empathy’s items are changing by about $1 to $2 on a daily basis!
Why is this?
Speaking of which, when will EMINENCE be on sale?

1 Like

Currency exchange rate changes everyday, every hour, even every minute.
They priced it in Krona by default on website and it automatically convert to the selected currency base on conversion rate at that giving time

3 Likes

I tried to predict what yo-yo influences apathy was designed after.

I think the diameter and play feel was inspired by dis yoyo anima,empathy physix.

However, I think it is a little too wide for keiran’s style. So I think we adopted the same 45mm width as physix.

I think they used a signature cadence-like shape there. (Strictly speaking, I think it’s a little different, but never mind, lol, it’s just a guess)

I think it has a feel like a combination of ANIMA and PHYSIX

I can’t wait to see how the light feel of anima and the powerful yet comfortable feel of physix are realized.

I live in Japan so I think it will arrive about next Tuesday.

I’ll review it when it arrives.

Of course I’ll try to post some pictures as well.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Wow! Excellent!

Serial number 001 is very impressive!

If you don’t mind, could you please review it for us, even if only a little?

1 Like

How is it? I’m really on the fence. It looks so good but it’s got a really small diameter. Interested to hear your thoughts.

2 Likes

To my surprise, it arrived today.

My serial number was 031.

Please wait for a more thorough review later.

4 Likes

Very solid to the touch.

The diameter also fits me well. (I usually use small diameter yo-yos a lot, so this may not be very helpful)

Not a blissfully phenomenal performance.

Not very good for competitive tricks.

But it feels very good. I expected it to be a yoyo that is only about feeling, but the spinning power is also perfect. (I don’t do a lot of competitive tricks, so I’m very happy with this yoyo.) The weight makes it very stable.

I felt that this is a yoyo that I would want to take with me anywhere casually.

But if you are looking for pure competition performance, I think this is too expensive.

And I guess everyone is concerned about the sound…

It makes a sound like Ti when you play it with your finger!

I can’t describe it in words, it’s so great.

When I read that it was made of stainless steel, I thought it would not sound like titanium. I am amazed.

6 Likes

Thanks for the review!

1 Like

I’ll just add a couple of things.
If you think of this as a titanium model and buy it, it is a very good deal. It sounds like titanium and has a high quality feel. And since it has a serial number, I don’t think it’s too much to say that it’s the only yo-yo in the world.

How does it compare to something like the tp2? Looks like they have similar specs between the two.

1 Like

I used tp2 a long time ago so the comparison may not be accurate.

The weight itself is about the same for both, but apathy works more straightforwardly. However, considering the cost performance, I think it is a little expensive. But as for the fact that it sounds like titanium, which tp2 doesn’t have, it is very attractive. It is just a matter of taste, but I think apathy looks cooler. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

How would you compare this to Physix and Southside?
Since the ratio width to diameter seems closer to Southside but design and width is more like Physix

1 Like

It is a little heavier than southside and has a firm, consistent feel.

It is also smaller, so it is easier to maneuver and moves more briskly.

It’s hard to describe, but I think the difference between the physix and bae is that the apathy feels genuinely lighter than the bae and physix in terms of the floating feeling that comes from the power.

The yoyo that feels the closest is the unprld motif, which I felt has a more rigid feel.

3 Likes

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to ask.

We will add photos if needed.
@cayce Maybe you will like it.

2 Likes