A-rt furn first impressions

My PayPal wasn’t logged in for some reason. First time that’s ever happened. Now I’m sad.

2 Likes

dang that sucks, they’re dropping green furns on the 10th

1 Like

slighly smaller than a wooly marmot 1, and reminiscent of all the other “floaty” art throws which comes at no surprise to anyone. Unlike the WM with its beefy rim distro, it has more of that centerweight making it feel akin to an 888–more accurately an mmxx888. An even more undersized WM2 is the best good connection I can draw.

It spins like a motherf***. I have played a few small bearing undersized throws (888, spyder, pyro L, shuriken) and this one has em beat for over all stability. Inner ring is great for fingerspins, no inner rim for thumb grinds sadly. Really snappy binds and great low speed recoveries.

Mine came with kinda wonky sili so it will come back on a tug if its still figuring itself out after a solid throw, will report back if resili-ing will help.

EDIT: looks like they ship semi-responsive boys n girls. The bearings are shipped lubed and the sili stays sticky for the tugs. See my comparison pics below!

6 Likes

y u again?

did u get it painted?

too small for jenny’s big strong hands to paint in :frowning:

4 Likes

yes!

It’d be interesting to see a comparison shot of the furn, Wooly Marmot and Wooly Marmot 2.

1 Like

Yes, I had a similar thought. I’ll do that myself when it gets here. I’m quite ok with their remix of older styles.

Interesting opinions about boxes. I like A-RT’s packaging as it is certainly handmade and isn’t a prefab cardboard box.

7 Likes

First set is furn up against a sb 888, wm1, wm2
Second set is furn compared to more fullsize examples like the grail or markmont magnum opus

14 Likes

Wow, the WM looks huge next to it!

Thanks for the comparison photos! Does it play similar to any of these throws or is it its own thing?

Edit: just realised you photoshopped it in, Lol!

1 Like

Not photo shopped in, just a little colour corrected.

It plays most similar to the WM2, or like the sb888 if there was less of a rim on it. Read my review above!

2 Likes

From a spec perspective with some more recent releases the Furn is close to the CoreCo Qubit and the Anomoly Yoyos Euphonius;

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3dhkz7hzfo/?igshid=178gt1vvn4r5e

2 Likes

The qubit is quite a bit wider

Anyone know the gap specs on this

Form the bottom of the Furn description page

“***Please note. These bearings come lubricated and tug responsive. You can either break it in or clean it if you like it 100% unresponsive.”

Also from the bottom of the Furn description page

“Machined by the wonderfully talented folks at OneDrop.”

2 Likes

got all the way to paypal… then it sold out as I was pressing the confirm payment button :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Same here. I was fast getting it to the cart and checking out but by the time I clicked confirm payment, they were gone. I think they were gone in the first two minutes.

2 Likes

I kept refreshing page and nothing came up. Put in the URL again and there it was. Sold out.

3 Likes

:apple:pay ftw.

4 Likes