A-rt furn first impressions

Yeah, usually just the odd balls like the DK, and I assume the bi-metal are done elsewhere.

1 Like

This guy is a sucker for small throws, but this has my new gold standard in undersized to compete with. Time will tell!

1 Like

My PERSONAL opinions regarding the last two a-rt releasesā€¦

with the hiatus, i was left expecting moreā€¦ and the garrett seemedā€¦ uninspired. the furn, while unique, will still likely be expensive. and, will be another piece iā€™ll wait to pop up on the bstā€¦ if i have any interest at all.

at the end of the day weā€™ll be paying $127 ($142 shipped) for a monochromatic monometal shipped between two pine planks and repetitive scribbles on cheap paper. there are companies out there doing it better, significantly cheaper, with more accoutrementsā€¦ and you get an ENTIRE 6-sided container.

if thatā€™s their thing, heyā€¦ good on ya. but for me, itā€™s tired and played out. thereā€™s other companies right now putting in much more effort, iā€™ll send my money that way.

EDIT: not just hating on a-rt either, i like their pieces mostly :man_shrugging:t3:

13 Likes

Very interesting perspective. You might want to copy and paste that reply in following thread:

8 Likes

i would, you canā€™t copy paste the same text in placesā€¦ thatnks for linking in though. besides, that thread turns into a ā€œam i serious, am i not serious, is it sarcastic, do i understand sarcasm?ā€ disaster, so i avoid it as much as possibleā€¦

4 Likes

Similar size, density, bearing, no? In play, who knows. But I suspect it has a heavy/solid feel.

1 Like

Sounds kinda hateyā€¦ ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

4 Likes

Personally I would rather have a-rtā€™s box with the ā€œrepetitive scribblesā€ than a overused six sided white box, although the design of the garret did look boring and uninspired it plays wayyyyyyy different from any other v shaped beefy rimmed yoyos, I get that you love a lot of their throws but this comment seemed a little harsh, maybe thatā€™s just mešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

12 Likes

Personally, if boxes werenā€™t necessary for resale value, I would have thrown away all yoyo boxes and it doesnā€™t really do much for me to influence my purchase decision in either direction.

9 Likes

I wouldnt say heavy, its 62 grams. Would probably feel normal, comparative to the size.

1 Like

Although it is undersized, a difference of 9 mm (compared to ā€œnormalā€ diameter throws) isnā€™t that much when you think about it

62 grams sounds nice, especially compared to the ClashCUBE at 68g. Still gonna be denser than the Sparrow, just for comparison. So maybe solid feeling, at least?

1 Like

Idk, with all that centerweight id expect more of a heavy 5-Star feel vs an MC Magnum Opus one.

Even a 1-2mm change in diameter results in a pretty drastic difference in yoyo design.

This one looks neat, the cup design is quite bold

6 Likes

I disagree with this statement. If we are talking about a 55 mm diameter yoyo, 9 mm is 16% of that. Adding to the diameter also has a pretty profound effect on the circumference.

1 Like

I guess that makes sense, I wasnā€™t really talking about the play but more the way it looks and feels in the hand

Like unless you were directly comparing it you wouldnā€™t be able to see a massive difference

Ok who scored a Furn? I had it in the cart and was refreshing to see the price of the Peons when poof sold out, and the Furn evaporated from my cart. Ah wellā€¦ maybe for the best since I saw in the Furn vid that there is a green one also (maybe for the next drop?).

i copped a red peon because 142 shipped is a little too much for me rn

the key to these drops is to pick color and model before