A noob's first couple of days with modern yoyos

yes that is true. you should get yoyos at first to find out what you like and what you don’t like.

so have you tried using the superstar hubstacks? they are cool for a while. it is one thing that inpresses a lot of beginners and even a beginner can do it. sometimes i let my friends hold the hubstacks while i do a pull start. sometimes it doesn’t turn out well, but it is still cool.

Mr. Yo,

Lol, sounds dangerous…tandem yoyo-ing!

I have held on to the hubstacks while it’s spinning, but no real tricks just yet. Sometimes I just sit and spin it and try to figure what to do with it while sitting there, but mostly I just try to feed the string back into it while holding, trying to get it to bind. Sometimes I try to pop it up from a sleeper and catch it by the hubstacks while it is spinning, but haven’t been successful yet. One finger always seems to miss the mark at least. I’ve gotten a few knots that way.

I ended up putting my ceramic konkave in my Lyn Fury (~twice as expensive as the throw itself, lol) just to see how it played and it definitely spins longer and you don’t have to throw as perfectly. It is really quiet. It’s fun, but I don’t really want it to handicap my form so it will probably come out tonight or tomorrow.

LOL im just the other way around. I let my friends pull the string while I hold the hubstacks on my dna. what is your best times anyway. mine is 12;38 on dna. yea a lot.

hahaha i love your fav. tricks tricky! welcome!

Thanks, SilkySullivan (that feels weird, saying it to another dude)!

I don’t like to brag, but I’ve just about perfected the knuckle breaker. My knuckle breaker has flow.

i never timed my pull start, buffallo, but my throw is only around 4 min with an “i”.

and Trickywoo, did you get the DM yet? i would like to hear how you compare it to your other two.

Yes, I did get the DM along with a few other yoyos.

I currently have/on order:

• YYF Superstar
  • YYF Boss
  • YYJ Lyn Fury
  • YYJ DM
  • One Drop Dingo
  • One Drop M1
  • One Drop P2 (at Not Fail anodizing for a splash of win sauce)
  • SPYY Punchline (on the way)
  • Ed Kuhn Flying Camel (on the way)

I’m currently watching General Yo’s twitter like a hawk to get a Hatrick. After that I probably won’t buy any more yoyos until Christmas.

So far the Superstar, Boss and M1 get the most play. I’m not a fan of the response system in the DM so I took out the o-ring and put in a YYF silicone Kpad and it’s much less responsive now which is what I prefer. It also doesn’t rub on the starburst as much which chews my strings up faster than the other response types. I took out one of the o-rings on the Lyn Fury and put in a kpad as well, but I’m not sure if I’m going to keep that way or not as the response system on the Lyn Fury doesn’t bother me as much. I also use thinner string for the Lyn Fury and DM (Chaos 422) so I get less snagging and fewer accidental knots. I prefer Snacktime strings otherwise.

I love the Superstar. It’s size makes it really easy to learn tricks on. I often learn new tricks on my Superstar and Boss, and then clean it up on my M1 and Dingo. I like the Lyn Fury more than the DM, even though it doesn’t spin as long. They each play differently from each other which is fun.