7075 Rebirth confirmed

Any word on the Reboot drop?

2 Likes

Anyone know the drop date I need a clear and blue Reboot

3 Likes

I’m assuming the drop we be after they arrive in Japan since its Ryosuke Kawamura’s new signature. Then there will be a world wide release effort.

9 Likes

At this rate we may be looking at June for a state side drop and that makes me sad.

On IG someone asked about a release date and they said “announcement soon,” for whatever that’s worth…

3 Likes

This is me today…

6 Likes

I know! When are they going to set a date?

2 Likes

12 Likes

The Reboot is dropping on Monday, May 29th from the following retailer @YoYoExpert

Our first yo-yo, the Project, released in 2007. It was born in an exciting and experimental time in the yo-yo world and had some unique features like the replaceable axle system and “Projection Profile” grooves. Sixteen years later, thanks to all of you supporting us, we’re still here and still making yo-yos. It’s been quite the ride.

The Project is a yo-yo we keep revisiting in various ways because it seems like we did something right on that first attempt. In 2008 there was the Markmont Project. A year later in 2009 the Project 2 was released. The next time was the Markmont Next in 2010. It was until 2015 when team member Ryosuke was due for a signature yo-yo and he wanted to modernize the Project. The Rebirth is bigger than the Project and has Side Effects. It became the definitive version of the Project for the last 8 years.

Ryosuke correctly suggested it was time again to do more. The Reboot is here. Looking at the catch zone, it looks identical to a Rebirth. However, there are significant changes: It is made out of 7075 aluminum alloy, is “Boosted” (a 7075 version of a yo-yo that weighs less even though 7075 alloy weighs more than 6061 alloy), and has new beautiful “Projection Profile” grooves in the cup.

The Reboot weighs 3 grams less than the Rebirth coming in at 63.4 grams with Ultra Lights.

Specifications
Base Weight: 60.1 grams
Shipping Weight: 63.5 grams with aluminum Ultra Light Side Effects: Width: 42.9 mm
Diameter: 53.00 mm
Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.3 mm
Bearing Size: Large (C) stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Alloy: 7075 Aluminum
Finish: Pyramatte ™
Axle System: Side Effects

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Haha

10 Likes

I wish they had a little more variety of color. They used to do a lavender that was fantastic that I’d love to see on this.

7 Likes

Yeah, the colorway options are lacking for sure. Cerakote is awesome as a secondary thing its not a replacement for atleast great solid colorways.

1 Like

I’d love to try a cerakote rebirth.

2 Likes

They are in the works. So is a fat tire 2020 cerakote. Btw, fat tire 20/20. So, so good.

5 Likes

The lack of yoyoing in this video gave me blue balls smh

I thought that’s where we were headed and then it ended :skull:

2 Likes

I was kind of hoping to pick it up on the OD website so I didn’t feel the need to also pick up everything sitting in my YYE cart :sob::wink:

2 Likes

Ohh I feel that. Let there be a yye sale coming up. I’ll be blowing half a pay check and getting in a fight with the wife…

5 Likes

I like the color ways but maybe it’s because I don’t own most of them. Debating between clear and black. Or do I go purple to match my FP2? Black will really only look nice with black or clear SEs, whereas clear will look nice with everything.

1 Like

I am having a rough time deciding between clear and purple or brown and purple. Either way I am going to have to see if anyone wants to part with some mini spikes for these bad boys.

2 Likes