7068 gully VS OG gully?

what the title says, really super conflicted about which one i should get. played the 7068 and it was fantastic, but i only want bimetals with silver rims, so i want to know similarities and differences between the 7068 and original.

3 Likes

While we’re at it, anyway to identify the difference?

I picked this up today and wondering which it is

6 Likes

thats an OG. if it has silver rims, its an OG, if it has any rim that isn’t silver, it’s 7068.

5 Likes

I’ll have to pick up a 7068 version then, because this thing smacks!

Anyone know if the OG is 6061 or 7075?

2 Likes

Resurrecting this because it’s going to probably be my next purchase. Would you say the 7068 felt overly rim weighted? I’m a huge fan of bimetals with weight rings slightly back from the rims because they don’t feel as solid or heavy on the string.

1 Like

My 7075 version was definitely not overly rim weighted. The ring placement is pretty definitely off the rims; had a good float and reaction time.

Can’t speak for the 7068 version, but I’d assume it’s the similar since the only change was in metal.

1 Like

That’s just what I wanted to hear. I’m probably going to throw a BST post up looking for a Throwgurt and then if I can’t find one I’ll just get one of the silvers left in stock.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not too rim weighted. It’s just slightly more solid than the OG.

1 Like